Chapter 31 - Jennie Manoban-Kim

For many minutes or maybe hours, I forget the desperation and loneliness in that big room. Lisa was making me feel amazing and I could never get enough of that. I will never get enough of her. I sleep more in this day than in any other day of the week. I finally notice how Riley is calm with Lisa around me. Maybe it was a coincidence, or maybe not, but after I had finally rest my body again, I fell in a deep sleep, only to be awake by the soothing voice of Lisa in my ear. It's the best way to wake up, I already knew that.

I would do it all over again, with Lisa so warm and soft pressed against me, if it was not by something more important than my freaking hormones: our wedding. When I leave the bathroom and hug Lisa, walking naked and barefoot on our new bedroom, I feel some domestic bliss I haven't felt in weeks with this craziness of my life. But when Lisa leaves, I feel cold again. I sigh looking down at a plaid red flannel shirt that Lisa forgot on the floor. I smell the shirt and feel her presence again for another short moment. I dress it with my panties, also forgotten in another corner of our room.

Going down the stairs, I feel the familiar smell of Rosé's pancakes. I love Rosé's pancakes, but Lisa's are much better. I could never admit that to my friend, though, but it's true. Everything Lisa does is amazing.

"Finally sweetie, good morning!" Rosé says with a cheerful smile and her inseparable spatula.

"Good morning Rosé, and sorry for the naked fiancé on bed." I say yawning and making myself comfortable on the stool of the kitchen island. I still can't believe this is actually my kitchen.

Rosé blushes a little, like I knew she would. "I had no idea that you were... I mean, I thought it would just be you alone in the bedroom."

"It was, until I got too sad and alone in that big room all by myself." I sigh. It's not hard to admit that to Rosé, like me, she is a lost romantic cause. "It was just for a day, but I missed Lisa so much, that I called her and she came in a matter of minutes."

Rosé makes that concern face that I know so well. "Are you not worried about breaking the tradition? You know what I mean." Rosé knocks on the island 3 times. "I'm not jinxing anything, but maybe it's not good to mess with those things."

"I don't think this is wood." I giggle. "I was worried too, but I don't care anymore. Be here without Lisa felt so wrong. She didn't want to be there all by herself too. The whole thing was just breaking my heart."

Rosé stacks the pancakes on a plate for me. "You two are really something." She turns and serves me in her motherly manner. "I think I've never seen you so in love like you are with Lisa. And it's not only because it's a new thing."

"You're right about that." I look amused to my plate. "Thank you so much Rosé, this is really going to be a long day."

-----

I can't barely believe in the image on the large mirror. The dress is so simple, but also so perfect.

"You look gorgeous, Jennie" Rosé says with her hands pressed against each other on her front, eyes sparkling with admiration.

"I can't believe I'm really going to get married, Rosé" I say feeling my throat tight, my eyes are already watering. Again.

"Oh sweetie, don't cry, your makeup..." Rosé rushes to fix my makeup.

"And to the most amazing woman that I've ever met."

The bell ring echoes in the house. Rosé looks surprise to me.

"It's my dad!" I yell running down the stars.