Chapter 8 - Eyes on Fire

Lisa was feeling a little weird to follow Rosé's instructions. No, that was not the case, really. She was going to do what was best for Jennie. She refused to be another whipped soldier in Rosé's army. Sure, she was concerned about her friend, Lisa understood that. But Rosé should not be so arrogant and rude about it. She was not a child, for fucks sake, she knew what she was doing. And she, Lisa was the one putting her heart out there, to be blessed or to be destroyed by Jennie, not the other way around. Didn't anyone have seen that?

Lisa knew the risks. But Jennie was different. She didn't know why or how, but she was. She was willing to take chances. And she knew if that blows somehow, she would never be able to do it again, to open her heart like that. But after Jennie moved in with her, she felt reassurance of her feelings. She spent the first night with Jennie in the apartment watching a Buffy marathon. Jennie didn't make the first episode, falling asleep in the couch right next to Lisa, her head resting on her shoulder. Lisa smiled at her sight, looking to a very peaceful Jennie. That felt so right. Her heart was fuller than ever. Full of love, of gratitude and something else.

She didn't want to watch the rest of episodes without Jennie, so she changed to Netflix, to see some bad horror movie. Well, all horror movies were bad, but with Jennie by her side, they looked a little bit better. She was never scared about them, but mostly amused. Who could not laugh seen a refrigerator attacking people? Really? As the hours passed, Jennie was getting even more comfortable on the couch, snuggling even further into Lisa. She was so close, Lisa could smell her vanilla scent shampoo. That was probably like heaven would smell. That's at least how her heaven smelled. Like Jennie.

But after a terrified scream from the movie, Jennie awaked startled, taking her surroundings at an uneasy pace.

"Are you ok, Cupcake?"

"What the hell is that?" Jennie said looking at the TV, a little girl was coming out of a concrete wall.

"Just a silly horror movie."

"Why didn't just kept watching Buffy?"

"Well, I didn't want to see it without you."

Jennie gave a half smile. For a second she forgot where she was. But waking up in Lisa's lap was a good surprise. And she was glad Lisa saved Buffy for her.

"I guess I should go to bed. I'm not used to be up this late."

"Are you sure?" Lisa asked after another scream from the movie "You are losing some good quality TV here."

"How can you sleep after watching this?" She pointed dramatically to the TV.

"This is not really scary and I sleep mostly during the day, so it's not the same." She shrugged.

"Right, I'll have to pass. I need to take every opportunity I can to sleep." She yawned. "This little guy here makes me sleeper than the usual."

"So, it's a boy now?" Lisa raised her eyebrows making a tease face.

"I'm feeling boyish today, so that's how I'm going to call him."

"But, if it's a girl?"

"Not today." Jennie said after another yawned.

"You are weird, Kim."

"Thanks." She got up, stretching her arm and her back. "I see you in the morning, Lis."

"See you." Lisa returned Jennie smile. Yes, things were really good.

-----