13

Alex's POV
"Alex! Wake up! We have to get going soon!" Max pulled the blankets off of me. I let out a whine.

"Five more minutes. I feel like crap." I mumble. "Close the curtains, the sun is hurting my head." I closed my eyes. Max felt my forehead.

"Uh, Demi! You might want to come here!" Max yelled and I covered my ears.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked as she came to where I was laying down. "Alex, baby, you don't look too good." She knelt down in front of my face.

"She's burning up, Demi." Max sounded concerned.

"Really?" Mom asked as she felt my forehead. "You're burning up, baby girl. Does anything hurt?" I nodded as I sat up. "What hurts, baby?" She looked worried.

"My ear.. my head.. my throat.." I whispered as it hurt to talk.

"I'll get you some tea for your throat.. and I'll probably have to call off the concert.."

"No! I still want to do it! Please! I'll be fine." I begged.

"Fine.. but if you feel worse during sound check or the concert come and find me.. and don't push yourself too much when you perform." Mom commanded.

"Yes, sir- I mean ma'am!" I saluted and giggled. I went into the bathroom and decided to get changed. Since we were running a bit late, we were going to swing through the Starbucks drive thru and get me some tea.

-TRIGGER WARNING-

I grabbed a blade that I taped under the sink last night. I dragged the thin piece of metal on my arm. My phone started ringing and I saw it was Ellie from my volleyball team. Fuck! Volleyball! I quickly washed my cuts and put bandages on them.

-TRIGGER WARNING OVER-

Then I got changed. I put on a red t-shirt which had the word Sabotage in yellow printed on it, black skinny jeans, a leather jacket, and red combat boots.

I grabbed my phone and called back Ellie

"Hey, Alex!" Ellie said excitedly over speaker phone.

"Hi, Ellie!" I put on the video chat option and smiled.

"Why weren't you at volleyball practice all week?"

"Well.. some stuff happened at school.. and now I'm on tour with my Mom! I'm also going to sing some unreleased music of mine!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"But you're the best on the team! We need you! I swear, if no one records you singing live I'm gonna beat a bitch up."

"We can blame Trevor for why I'm not playing volleyball currently." I sighed.

"Trevor? Again? Once I get my hand on that little cock- oh, hi Ms. Lovato!" Ellie stopped mid sentence. I turned around and saw Mom. I laughed.

"Hello, Ellie!" Mom sat down next to me. I went into a coughing fit from laughing. "Alex!" Mom panicked and patted my back. "You okay, baby?" She asked when I stopped coughing. I nodded. "I'm going to get you some cough medicine." She stood up and walked into the bathroom of the tour bus.

"Woah, Alex? You okay?" Ellie asked.

"I'm fine.. just sick.. but I gotta get going. Talk later?"

"Of course!" Ellie hung up.

"Here you go, baby girl." Mom said as she came back, handing me the tiny cup of medicine. I smelled it and gagged.

"What is this? Liquid shit?"

"Just get it over with. Faster the better."

"Fine." I quickly gulped it down. It tasted like shit. I ran to the mini fridge and grabbed the milk gallon and chugged out of it.

"Alex! What the fuck! Get a cup! You're sick!" Mom laughed as she was filming. I stuck my tongue out.

"You guys ready?" Max asked walking in. We both nodded.

We decided to take our GMC because the tour bus can't fit through a drive thru. We stepped out of the tour bus and there were a lot of fans. Sweat started to form on my face as I was breathing heavily. One of the fans handed me a piece of paper. I'll look at it later. One of the other ones tried grabbing me and I screamed.

"Mommy!" I screamed and panicked.

"Alex, baby. Come here." Mom spoke gently and carried me in her arms like a kid. Everyone awed at this. I was hyperventilating as fans were still close and I was shaking. "Baby, breathe. It's only Mommy. I promise, I'm here, baby girl." She cooed and hummed the melody of Fix a Heart.

"Max, help!" Mom yelled as we were getting close to the car and I was still panicking a bit.

"Back away guys!" Max shouted at the fans. Mom helped me get in the back with her and I instantly held onto her again.

"I.. I'm sorry.." I whispered and hid my face. Mom rubbed my head comfortingly and I fell asleep.

Demi's POV
When we stepped out of the tour bus to get to the car there were a lot of fans. One fan gave Alex a piece of paper and she put it into her pocket. Another fan tried grabbing ahold of Alex and she screamed.

"Mommy!" Alex screamed as she held onto me.

"Alex, baby. Come here." I spoke softly as I picked Alex up and held her in my arms. My poor baby. Everyone awed as I picked her up. She was starting to hyperventilate and she was shaking. "Baby, breathe. It's only Mommy. I promise, I'm here, baby girl." I cooed.

Alex was playing with my hair. I noticed she tends to fidget with anything she can when she's having a panic attack. She might not notice it, but if it helps, I don't tend to have a problem. It still breaks my heart seeing her having all these panic attacks. I hummed softly the melody of Fix a Heart.

"Max, help!" I yelled as we were getting close to the car.

"Back away guys!" Max shouted. I helped Alex get in the back and she held onto me when I got in.

"I.. I'm sorry.." Alex whispered as she hid her face. I rubbed her head in a comforting way. She ended up falling asleep on the way to the concert stadium.