50

Alex's POV

- TRIGGER WARNING -

"Get on the bed!" Jake commanded sternly.

"Please! Don't make me!" I pleaded, trying not to cry. I looked into Jake's brown eyes and there was no look of sympathy whatsoever. It didn't even seem like he cared.

"I told you to get on the bed, slut! Do you not listen?!" Jake screamed in my face, his breath smelling like alcohol. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me on the bed.

"Please! Don't make me do this! I'll do anything!" I cried out.

"We're going to have fun, baby girl." Jake spoke in a sexual tone as he started undressing himself and me.

"No, no, no! Stop!"

- TRIGGER WARNING OVER -

Demi's POV
"No, no, no! Stop!" My fourteen-year-old daughter's cries echoed through the house. I swiftly yanked the blankets off me, got up, and hurried to Alex's room. I opened the door to see Alex tossing and turning, evidently having a nightmare.

"Don't touch me!" Alex cried out in her sleep.

"Alex, wake up. Wake up, baby girl." I tried gently shaking Alex awake. She immediately shot up and screamed.

"Don't make me do it! I'll do anything!" Alex backed up against her headboard, noticeably shaking.

"Alex, it's just me. No one is here to hurt you." I spoke gently. I went to gently grab Alex's hand and she flinched. She slowly looked up, with tears streaming down her face.

Alex's POV
"Are you okay, baby girl?" Mom asked as I looked up.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a bad dream." I faked a smile.

"Are you sure? You were screaming and crying for someone not to touch you.." Mom looked worried.

"I'm fine. I promise, Mama." I reassured Mom, mostly trying to reassure myself.

"Okay. I'll be in my room if you need me." Mom kissed my forehead and left my room.

The tears finally stopped and I thought about how nice it is to be back with Mom. To be with someone who cares again.

"I'll be in my room if you need me." Mom's words echoed in my head. I keep thinking about the nightmare. I slowly stand up on wobbly legs and walk to the door. I walk down the hall to where Mom's room is. I knock on the door and it opens up. I see Mom's worried face and I start crying all over again. She gently places her hand on my shoulder as she guides me back to my bed.

I slowly sink down in my bed and curl up. Mom rests her hand on my back and rubs small circles on my back, trying to comfort me. I let out a choked sob. She doesn't say anything. She just stays there, keeping her hand on my back, the only reminder that I'm not by myself. My tears eventually slowed down.

"Why did he do it? Why won't they shut up?" I asked as I sat up and turned towards Mom. She doesn't ask who I'm talking about, she most likely knows, and doesn't say anything. She opens her arms and I sink into her comforting embrace. I'm not crying anymore, I just sit there, being comforted by my Mom. I eventually drift back into a deep sleep.