18

Alex's POV
It's been a couple of days since we've been at Grandma and Grandpa's. Mom managed to hire a lawyer for the court date next week with my "Dad". I don't understand why they can't just put him in prison.

"Mom! Can I go live on Instagram?!" I yelled downstairs from Maddie's room. Maddie and I got sick of playfully roasting each other.

"Yes! I'll be watching from the kitchen!" Mom shouted back up. Maddie grabbed my phone and started the livestream on Instagram.

"Hi, guys! It's the one and only Maddie!" Maddie posed as she was sitting. "Live streaming from Alex's account!"

"Hi!" I yelled as I jumped up from behind Maddie and put my hand on her shoulders.

"Holy shit!" Maddie screamed and laughed. "Give me a heart attack why don't ya?!"

"Madison, language!" I heard Grandma shout.

"Make me, bitch!" Maddie jokes. "I'm kidding, I love you!" She laughed.

"I say we read some comments!" I suggested.

"Maddie, do you plan on making a YouTube video with Alex?" Maddie read out loud. "I don't know. Alex, want to film a video with me? Like a haunted house or something?"

"Ohh, this @ ddlovato says," I started joking. "Don't you dare bring my daughter to a haunted house without my permission. Who's your daughter?" I laughed.

"This person says, Alex should ki-" Maddie started reading and stopped. "Let's not read that one." I looked at the comment she was about to read. My heart stopped. It said that I should kill myself and that I'm a waste of space. My demons started taunting me.

-TRIGGER WARNING-

Come on. Listen to them. Go kill yourself. Everyone would be happy if you were gone.

"I.. I'm going to use the bathroom." I told Maddie as I quickly ran to the bathroom and locked the door. I rummaged through the medicine cabinet. I grabbed the highest dosage of pills I could find.

"Demi! She locked the bathroom door!" I heard Maddie shout from the hallway. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Alex! Open up! Please, baby girl! Talk to me!" Mom said from the other side of the door as she was trying to get it opened. It sounded like she was about to cry.

"Stupid pills! Open! Why won't you open?!" I screamed as I struggled to open the pill bottle.

"DAD! WHERE'S THE KEY?!" Mom shouted. As soon as I managed to open the bottle the door opened and someone knocked the bottle out of my hand causing the pills to spill all over. I was pulled into the familiar comforting,
embrace, smelling my Mom's vanilla scent.

 I was pulled into the familiar comforting,embrace, smelling my Mom's vanilla scent

(A/N: Not what Alex looks like but imagination)

"I wanna die!" I screamed and cried as Mom was holding me and rubbing hair out of my face. "I want to be happy, Mommy!" I was uncontrollably sobbing.

"Baby.." Mom spoke quietly as she held me tighter.

Demi's POV
I quickly ran into the bathroom and knocked the bottle of pills out of Alex's hand which caused them to spill all over the floor. Eddie and Mom started cleaning them up. I pulled Alex close to me and held her.

"I wanna die!" Alex screamed and cried as I was holding her and rubbing some hair out of her face. "I want to be happy, Mommy!" She was uncontrollably sobbing.

"Baby.." I spoke softly as I held Alex tighter. "Maddie, did you stop the livestream?" I asked quietly.

-TRIGGER WARNING OVER-

"Fuck, no!" Maddie ran to go end it.

"Alex, talk to me." I said as I put Alex on our bed. "I can help you, baby. You just have to talk to me. Let me in, baby girl. Please.." I was still holding her. "If you don't talk to me then I can't help you.. I don't want to send you to rehab.."

"M-Mom.." Alex choked out. "N-No one wants me to live! T-They all say I'm a waste of s-space.. M-My demons told me everyone would be happy without m-me.." She spoke quietly. "C-Cutting takes the emotional p-pain away.. I..I tried to stop.. I r-really did, Mommy.. but the m-more I went without it.. the more my demons t-taunted me.."

"Baby.." I hugged Alex tightly and she hid her face against the crook of my neck. "I love you so much! If you took your life away, I wouldn't know what I would do. You make me happy, baby girl. You're my daughter and I love you. I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom. You mean the world to me. I don't want to lose you, baby. If I lost you, I might lose myself too.." I started talking. "Please.. talk to me when your demons are taunting you. I'll help you get through it.. no matter how bad it is. Even if you think it's stupid. Okay?"

"Okay.. I love you, Mom." Alex said and kissed my cheek. My heart.

"I love you more, baby girl." I said and kissed Alex's forehead. We heard a chorus of "Awws" from the doorway. It was Mom, Dallas, Maddie.. and Marissa, Sirah, and Matthew. They were all filming. Alex's face lit up when she saw the extra people. I didn't even know they were coming.

"Matthew!" Alex screamed and jumped into his arms. She loves hanging out with him because they talk about cartoons and Beyoncé and anything really.

"Oh my god, girl! It's been so long!" Matthew joked and acted extra gay. Alex hugged everyone else then went back to Matthew. I took a picture of them. They started joking around, then talked about Beyoncé, and they all started catching up.

"Mom, can I talk to you?" I asked as I pulled Mom to the side.

"Of course. What's wrong, baby doll?" Mom asked.

"Do you think I should take away Alex's social media and electronics for a bit? Until we get her mentally stable again? I mean.. I noticed that she focuses on all of that and listens to what they tell her.. I just need to know what's best for my baby." I spoke softly so they didn't hear.

"I think you should. Whatever you think is right though." Mom said and hugged me. I hugged her back and then went over to everyone else. Alex was laughing her ass off and it made me happy seeing her happy right now.