31

Alex's POV
"Hello, Alexis. I'm glad you decided to give therapy a try." My therapist said as I sat down in one of the chairs, and my Mom sat in the other. Mom was going to be coming with me till I was comfortable enough by myself. My therapist had light brown, curly hair, she was thin, but not too thin, and she had dark brown eyes.

"Did I really have a choice though?" I asked, obviously annoyed.

"Alex, be nice. We're trying to help you." Mom said sternly. I rolled my eyes and held my knees close to my chest.

"I don't need help." I mumbled.

"Alexis, can you tell me what emotions you're feeling right now?" The therapist asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "How about we get to know each other first?" She asked looking up. I hesitantly nodded.

"I'll start!" Mom exclaimed excitedly. I laughed at her weirdness. "I have three children named Alexis, Batman, and Cinderella. Batman is my favorite." She joked at the last part. I gasped and pretended to be hurt. We all laughed a bit.

"I'm Mrs. Jones." My therapist started. "I have two cats and one dog. I have two children, the youngest is a senior in high school and the oldest is a sophomore in college. Your turn, Alexis."

I sighed before I started speaking. "What is there to know? I'm not important anyways." I shrugged.

"What do you mean by that?" Mrs. Jones asked as she pulled out her clipboard.

"I'm worthless. I don't deserve to live. I just want to die. I want to be happy. I hate pretending I'm happy when I'm not. Why can't I be truly happy like everyone else? Why can't I recover like my Mom did? I'm no 'warrior'. I'm not strong. I'm a weak piece of shit!" I yelled before I ran out the door.

"Alex! Wait!" Mom shouted as she ran after me.

Cut
Cut
Cut
Worthless piece of shit

My demons wouldn't shut up.

"SHUT UP! PLEASE SHUT UP!" I screamed as I slid down the wall outside. I scratched at the healing cuts on my arm, which caused them to bleed. It felt like my throat was closing up and it was getting difficult to breathe.

"Alex! Look at me." Mom commanded as she grabbed a hold of my hands to stop me from scratching at myself.

"I-I can't b-b-breathe!" I cried. "M-Mom, h-help! I-It hurts!" I screamed, desperate for Mom's comforting embrace.

"Focus on me, baby girl." Mom said gently. She held me close to her as she placed my hand on her chest. "Focus on my breathing and heartbeat." She explained soothingly. Paparazzi showed up which didn't help.

"M-Mommy!" I screamed and cried as I hid my face in the crook of Mom's neck. I felt myself being picked up and she ran us to the car. We both got in the back and she locked the car doors.

"It's okay. Mommy's here." Mom rocked us back and forth. "Focus on my voice, baby girl." She cooed. She started singing gently.

Sometimes you think you'll be fine by yourself
'Cause a dream is a wish you make all alone
Its easy to feel like you don't need help
But its harder to walk on your own

You'll change
Inside
When you
Realize

The world comes to life
And everything's bright
From beginning to end
When you have a friend
By your side
That helps you to find
The beauty of all
When you'll open your heart and
Believe in
The gift of a friend

Someone who knows when your lost and your scared
There through the highs and the lows
Someone you can count on, someone who cares
Besides you where ever you go

You'll change inside
When you
Realize

The world comes to life
And everything's bright
From beginning to end
When you have a friend
By your side
That helps you to find
The beauty of all
When you'll open your heart and
Believe in
The gift of a friend

And when your hope crashes down
Shattering to the ground
You'll, you'll feel all alone
When you don't know which way to go
And there's no signs leading you home
You're not alone

The world comes to life
And everything's bright
From beginning to end
When you have a friend
By your side
That helps you to find
The beauty of all
When you'll open your heart and
Believe in
When you believe in
When you believe in
The gift of a friend

"I-I want to go h-home." I choked out.

"We can go home. Promise me that you'll go back to therapy later this week. Okay, baby girl?" Mom said as she climbed in the driver seat, so she wouldn't have to go into the crowd of paparazzi.

"I promise." I replied as I got in the passenger seat. We locked pinkies and kissed them, which is what we always did when I was younger.

"I love you, baby girl."

"I love you too, Mama. I'm sorry I hurt myself.." I whispered.

"It's okay, baby. Just talk to me. Alright?" Mom looked me in the eyes. I nodded.

"Mom! I miss Kenzie!" I told Mom as she started the car.

"Want to FaceTime her back at the house?" Mom asked. "Fuck you paparazzi! I'm not afraid to run you over!" She yelled and flipped them off. I quietly laughed to myself.

"I can FaceTime her?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course, baby." Mom replied as she drove off. She luckily didn't run over any paparazzi.