49

Alex's POV
"Where are you taking me?" I asked Jake as we were in his truck, driving to God knows where.

I've been with Jake for two weeks now. I've been on the news, everyone is looking for me. I got beatings almost every night since I've been living with Jake. I don't know how much longer I can handle this. I miss Mom. Why did I go and run away?

"I'm taking you here." Jake replied as he drove into an alleyway. "I don't want you anymore. You're gross, ugly, and used." He pushed me out of the car.

"B-But, Jake! I love you!" I stuttered. Did I really love Jake though?

"I don't. Filthy pig." Jake got out and kicked me swiftly before getting back in his car and driving off.

I sat down on the concrete in the alley and held my knees close to me. This was the same alley that Aaron left me in. I let out a choked sob as I struggled to breathe.

"Someone there?" I heard a familiar voice ask. It sounded like Grandpa Eddie. I forgot he worked on this side of town. He turned the corner and immediately came up to me when he saw it was me.

"G-Grandpa.." I spoke quietly as I was hysterically crying.

"Alex, it's okay. You're safe." Grandpa spoke softly as he picked me up. I rested my head on his shoulder. He's like a big cuddly teddy bear. He carried me to his car and set me in the front seat.

"I-I'm sorry." I choked out.

"What for?" Grandpa asked as we were driving to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

"I-I ran away and w-worried you all.." I tried to change my position and I whimpered in pain. We pulled into the driveway and Grandpa Eddie came around and picked me up. I winced in pain and he looked concerned.

"Dianna! Come down here!" Grandpa yelled upstairs after he put me down on the counter in the kitchen. His yelling reminded me of Jake.

- FLASHBACK -

"Alex! Come down here!" Jake yelled after he got home from the bar.

"C-Coming!" I stuttered, knowing that a beating happens when Jake comes home from the bar.

"Come here, slut." I went over to Jake and got the beating over with.

- FLASHBACK OVER -

"Alex? Look at me, baby girl." I heard Grandma's soothing voice. I choked back a sob and I fell into her arms, wanting to be held. "What happened?" She asked worriedly.

"H-He hurt me.." I spoke quietly as Grandma led me to the bathroom. She looked at my bruises and cuts from what Jake did. Most cuts being self inflicted.

"Eddie! Can you call Demi and tell her we found Alex?!" Grandma shouted from the stairs.

"W-Will she be mad at me?"

"She won't be mad at you. She'll be happy you're safe." Grandma comforted. We went back downstairs and I sat down on the couch.

About 30 minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Grandma shouted. The door flew open and Mom walked in.

"Where is she?" Mom asked frantically. Grandma pointed to the couch and I hid my face against my knees. "Alex, look at me." She commanded. I hesitantly looked at her.

Demi's POV
I arrived at my parents house. I can't believe they found Alex. I'm glad she's safe. I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I heard Mom shout. I pushed the door open and walked in.

"Where is she?" I asked frantically. Mom pointed to the couch. I rush over there and see Alex hiding her face. "Alex, look at me." I commanded. She slowly looked up. You could see the pain in her eyes. What happened when she was missing?

"M-Mama.. I'm sorry." Alex whispered. I pulled her into my embrace and rubbed her back, which caused her to flinch.

"What happened, baby girl?" I asked, worry lacing my voice.

"She said he hurt her. She never mentioned who he is." Mom spoke up.

"Did Jake hurt you?" I asked Alex. She nodded. "Did he do anything else?" She nodded again. "What did he do?

"H-He made me have s-sex with him.." Alex looked guilty. "I-I'm sorry. I'm f-filthy."

"No, no, no. It's not your fault, baby girl. It is Jake's fault." I consoled Alex. "Did he use protection?" I asked, hoping Jake at least used protection. She nodded. Thank the Lord.

"I-I want to go home, M-Mama." Alex whimpered out and hid her face in the crook of her neck. Her breathing started becoming uneven.

"Alex, breathe. Breathe in and out, baby girl. We can go home." I whispered in Alex's ear as I picked her up. She calmed down a bit. "Thanks so much. I'm thankful you found her." I hugged both Mom and Eddie, while still carrying Alex.

"She was sitting in an alleyway. When I was about to get in my car to go home, I heard her crying." Eddie stated.

"She was in an alleyway?" I asked quietly, noticing that Alex fell asleep in my arms. "God, who knows what would've happened."

"You should get going. Both you and Alex could use some sleep." Mom suggested.

"You're right. Thanks again." I said before walking out the door. I put Alex in the front seat and buckled her up. I got in the driver's seat, started the car, and started driving home.