Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Bridal Auditions

Charlotte

Napatitig ako sa binabasa ng babae na Lionheart Magazine. Ang kober doon ay ang mga Hanselions na nakaupo sa trono. Mukhang ito ang kinuhanan nilang litrato noong nagpakilala sila sa mediya at madla.

I'm overwhelmed by the reverence they emit from their aura, the unique gorgeousness they possess that makes me wonder if it was real. Their eyes hold the deep gaze on to you, a peak through a story, secret, and colors. The small smile when they pretend everything is fine. The stiffness and elegance of their posture like they were born to be a prince. Damn! Those Royal uniforms a prince must wear? It fits them perfectly!

How am I that girl who used to go on a cart ride with them, making flower crowns in a field of blossoms, riding on a bicycle in the middle of the night where fireworks lit up the sky?

Why am I that girl they might forget?

"Four Burger Queen deluxe and three large fries!" Sigaw ng manager ko na nagpagising sa akin sa tuliro.

Agad kong pinahid ang luha na kumawala sa gilid ng mata ko at sinundan ang order na hinihingi niya. I helped prepare the burgers on the tray and scooped the fries from the frying pan, placing each scoop on its container. I tapped the bell when I made sure all of the orders are complete in the tray before one of the cashiers picks it up.

I'm surprised I still have the time to wonder about the Hanselion despite my erratic schedule. I guess the thought of them have to wait—or at least, that's why I thought because they never left my mind at all.

***

Kakatapos ko lang ng shift ko sa Burger Queen.

Halos walong oras ng pagod, sa wakas, tapos na rin! Nagbisikleta ako pabalik sa bahay, sa gilid lang ako ng bangketa para 'di ko makasabay ang mga kotse sa kalsada.

Napahinto ako sa harap ng bintana ng Retro Diner. The cushioned seats, the checkered tiled floors, jukebox lit with orange light, the memories appeared ghostly on the frame like I was watching my own past.

Zach and I eating macaroons on the table. Tyler taking me out on a date to a movie theater then the diner, sharing a milkshake with our straws. The night we rode down the slope with our bicycles and I stood behind like a bird soaring through the air.

In my reflection, there was a sad girl, wandering aimlessly into a crowd lost in the sea of the streets. Then there it was, adjusting from my vision, a poster of the Hanselions plastered on the wall.

Hinigit ko ang poster mula sa bintana upang basahin ito. Napakunot ang aking noo sa nabasa ko. What the hell is this?

Bridal Audition

Do you think you have what it takes to be a bride of a Royal? Do you think you are worthy of becoming a princess? Sign up now and send your application!

I stared at the Bridal Audition for the Hanselions. Why do I suddenly have the urge to sign my name on the application? I'm not that desperate!

They may be gorgeous with smooth hair, pouty lustrous lips, eyes that beholds you in each gaze, but I will not put down my pride for marriage. Who would've thought becoming their bride would be that easy? How low did they go for this?! Unless someone is doing it for them...

If he wants my love and lifetime, he must kneel and ask.

Napailing-iling na lang ako sa sarili ko. Kinuha ko na lang ang form para sa Ice Skating Dancer ng palasyo. They need an ice skater dancer for their parties.