Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Opposites

Claude

We are supposed to practice proper etiquette and manners at the dinner table.

My back is straightened, my hands placed on top of my lap, my eyes followed lividly towards Counselor Socrates and the Etiquette instructor, telling us how to eat properly.

Are they fucking serious with this?

"Gentlemen!" Counselor Socrates beamed. "Today, a friend of mine will teach your proper etiquette and manners! Please be respectful to our guest!"

Nakipagpalitan ako ng tingin sa mga kapatid ko. They're as clueless as I am.

The instructor was harder to understand than math. I tried to mimic everything she does but everything I do, it's always wrong in her eyes such as folding the napkin on my lap, using the right spoon, fork, and knife on the table, holding a wine or champagne glass, even the way I sit or speak needs to get adjusted.

And I didn't want that.

Tuwing nagkakamali ako, palagi pinapalo ng instructor ang kamay ko, but she kept that irritating smile as if she was only doing it to correct me.

Napansin ko rin kapag sa mga kapatid ko, mabait siya at hindi niya pinapalo ang kamay nila kahit nagkakamali sila. Why is there a different treatment?

"Tattoos and piercings are not allowed among the Royals. It's not a proper dressing." She said.

"I don't care."

As I read her name plate, Ms. Collins, she managed to fake a smile.

"Your piercings. Remove them at once!" She demanded.

"No." I coldly said.

The instructor gave Counselor Socrates an eye like she wants him to do something.

"Claude, just take off your piercings. Bawal ang mga ganyan sa palasyo lalo na't prinsipe ka. You need to display a respectable and decent figure."

"May piercings lang hindi na disente at karespe-respeto?" I shot back.

"That's just the way things are in this palace. There are rules here you must follow."

"Tsk." I frowned. "You mean rules I don't have a choice but to follow, right?"

"Tha't not what—|

"You know what, Instructor?" I smirked before breaking every rule with just a few movements.

I sat back on my chair, spreading my thighs that almost touched Riley's knees on my left, then placing my elbow on the back of the chair.

Pinatong ko naman ang isa kong siko sa lamesa, ang palad nito'y tinatakpan ang ngisi sa labi ko habang nakatitig ako kay Counselor sunod sa alipores niyang instructor.

He was fuming right now. The redness in his face says it all.

"Sit properly, Claudius!"

"Only if you say please." I teased and it made my brothers laugh. Good to know they still do that.

"For heaven's sake! Please sit properly, Claudius Xephire Hanselion!" Counselor scolded.

There was silence for a whole minute. Hindi pa rin nawawala ang pagkatitig sa akin ni Counselor, the impatience in his eyes says it all.