Part 25

Sean's heart skipped going through the gate. He was home free. Glancing back, he wondered if Mark would still pursue them, but he had stopped. For a moment, he stared back at Mark with a torn expression. He had always threatened to escape, but now that he had... a strange part of him wanted to go back. The protective lasers finally charged enough to kick on over the gates to keep anyone else from slipping in or out. He wondered how Mark would take this. Did he feel betrayed? Angry? Would he come for him? Clenching his jaw, he told himself that Mark would simply find himself a new Pet. Wrapping his arms around Nate, Sean braced his forehead between his shoulder blades. The worst part of this escape had been leaving his bike behind. It was destroying him... but Mark had told him that the engine had a fail safe to keep him from leaving the city. There was no greater pain to him than leaving his baby behind. He would beat himself up over this moment forever. Without that bike... he was going to the Slums with nothing.

The bikers around him cheered and hollered out their victory cries. One rode up beside them, glaring at Nate as he sourly told him over the engines. "Meet with me later!" Nate nodded and the man revved his engine to rush past them. Sean lifted his head, asking over Nate's shoulder. "Nate? Why are you wearing their colors?" Nate kept his eyes forward but answered him calmly. "The Red Cyclones took out the Green Dragons after you were taken. They attacked the garage. Murdered everyone and took over the territory. The only reason I survived was because the Trader at the warehouse paid them to leave me behind." Sean raised an eyebrow, asking curiously. "Why would the Trader do that? He hates Slum Dogs." Nate didn't answer. Sean felt goosebumps rush up his arms. Nate was keeping secrets from him. Why? Nate followed the bikers through the dark and dirty city. He had never been to this part of the Slums before. The place smelled of piss and beer. Everywhere he looked made him sick.

There men fucking on the sidewalks. There were groups of men raping another man in an alley. Some men were hanging around street corners, drinking heavily or trying to seduce other men with vulgar gestures. Then there were the fights. People getting ganged up on and beaten to death. Others stabbing someone as they walked by and sometimes chuckling or shouting out a reason why after. There were a few dead men in the road that Nate drove around with ease. While other men, sat in the gutter bleeding or nursing wounds. This part of town had a mass of bars, strip clubs, and druggie pits that were all decorated in neon signs and paint. This was clearly Toxic Glow Skull territory. The people living in this part of town either scrambled out of their way, or ran to the curb to hold out money. A few bikers would ride up to take the money and slip them some kind of drug. He knew very little about the Toxic Glow Skulls, but he knew that they were known as heavy partiers and straight gasoline drinkers.

These didn't seem like the type of guys that Nate would hang with. They used to make fun of these guys. A man on the curb flashed them his cock and a Glow Skull rider rushed up to grab him by the throat and kissed him. Sean raised his eyebrow wondering why, until another biker rolled up beside them. The man on the back of the Glow Skull's bike leaned toward him, opening his mouth to show him a small blue pill. Sean shook his head, clinging to Nate. The man curled his tongue with a devilish grin, reaching out to tap Nate next. Nate glanced back and the man gestured to his mouth. Nate nodded, leaning over quickly to kiss the man. Sean gawked at him in horror. The man slapped Nate's shoulder with approval, then they pulled ahead. Nate glanced around to see that no other Glow Skull bikers were behind him, then spit the pill into the gutter. Sean felt a little better but was still really concerned. As they reached the heart of the district, the place was lit up in rave lights and music was pumping from everywhere. People were dancing on the roofs of buildings and from the top of neon signs.

Colored smoke filled the street as bikers raced their glowing bikes up and down the long stretch of road. Each bike seemed to spew a brightly colored smoke from its pipes. Some bikers were doing tricks on their bikes to the music. While others spit liquid into the air for others to either get wet, or they set it on fire to show off. The group of bikers he was with though just drove up into a large bar with a large melting skull painted on the warehouse looking door. Sean shivered. Everyone was enjoying a wild party that only got more wild inside the bar. Painted guys were dancing naked in cages hanging from the ceiling. The DJ on the stage was wearing a golden metal mask in the shape of a hissing snake head, adorned with white LED lights in the eyes. Guys were dancing on the floor and on the neon bars. One bar was loaded down with colored shots that people were taking to keep their buzz going. The others were nestled up in booth seats tucked into the walls behind deep purple curtains. Some booths had guys taking drugs straight off a half-naked guy's varies body parts. The crowd parted just enough to let the bikers in, cheering and handing them drinks.