Part 63

Sean smirked, watching them all stuff their mouths with cookies and gulp down hot coffee. It wasn't hard to tell that they had never had treats like this and the coffee in the Slums was more like thick black syrup that was bitter to swallow. While Valhalla's coffee was usually light and rich with flavor. Sean thought about warning them about how sick they'd be after eating it... but he couldn't waste time. Clearing his throat, he broke the silence to address them all cautiously. "The Elites, including myself. Have come up with a plan for the Slums. Now... It won't be an easy adjustment period. But if you can convince your men to try this... I give you my word that the Slums will be returned to you in better shape than they were." The closest man on Sean's right turned to look at him before swallowing. Looking him over with guarded eyes, the man grumbled out. "I don't like the sound of that... An adjustment period? What do you take me for?!" Another man with long purple bangs over one eye, snapped out. "Ya! And what makes you think that we want you change to our home!"

Sean narrowed his eyes on the man they called Velvet. He didn't care for the Leader of the Coffin Knights. They were a paranoid lot and full of sneaky creepy thieves. Locking his eyes with Velvet, he shot back seriously. "I doubt the graveyards will change much... Although, I'm sure they will be cleaned." Velvet narrowed his dark eyes on him through his purple slanted bangs, retorting in a low defensive tone. "You'd remove our tags? Are you insane? Do you want another turf war? You want that kind of blood on your hands?!" The other Leaders shifted uneasily in their seats and Sean quickly rushed out before he lost their attention. "What I'm suggesting will eliminate turf wars! We've fought for supplies, space, respect... but what if we didn't have too?" Bradley scoffed loudly at the far end with humorous disgust. "Oh, you sick fuck... You want us to become pets too?" Sean swallowed as Karl rose from his seat to snap out coldly. "I'd rather die than trade my freedom or that of my men to cower before the feet of a spoon fed motherfucker!"

Sean didn't recognize Karl without his glow in the dark paint on his tan face. His dreadlocks were lighter, and he was far less intimidating. Glaring back at the leader of the Toxic Glow Skulls, Sean replied curtly with a heavy iron tone of voice. "Oh, I know what YOU trade for..." Sean swallowed the chose words he wanted to threaten him with. Karl began to rub his arm with a shaky hand, snapping out with a hearty laugh. "Nice to see the virgin dragon grew some claws." Bradley snorted and the other Leaders turned to Karl with wide eyes of disbelief. Karl chuckled and Bradley confirmed it to the other leaders by joking about how tight he was. Mark stormed forward off the wall, his knuckles cracking loud enough that it drew the leaders' attention back. The closest leaders to Mark flinched and rose off their seats to either run or fight. Sean raised an arm to block Mark from advancing to the table without looking at him. The room felt silent, allowing Sean to tell Mark calmly. "Mark... I got this." Mark curled his fingers into fists, causing his knuckles to pop. After a few seconds, Mark backed up inch by inch.

The leaders relaxed back down on their seats, while Sean lowered his arm and shot back at Karl. "Karl's right. I did grow claws... and I know how to use them." Leaning on the table a bit, Sean flashed Karl a wicked grin and asked smugly. "I could challenge you now and take everything from you. Right here and now." Karl scoffed, rolling his eyes, until Sean added bluntly. "Is it too cold in here, Karl? Dry skin making you itch?" Karl stiffened and dropped his hands at his sides as the others looked at him. Karl shrugged, snapping out. "What's your point?" Sean tilted his head a little, stating out in a cold tone. "All those drugs your gang is known for taking... I bet they aren't doing so well now. Withdrawal is a merciless bitch. Makes you weak... And if I can smell it. So, can THEY." Karl dropped back into his seat and the other leaders looked him over like predators sensing an injured animal nearby. Karl tried to discreetly rub his arm, but it was obvious now.