♥ Ugh... (Undyne x Period!Reader)

Undyne drawing by liyart on Tumblr

Word Count: 786  

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had been laying in bed for what seemed like hours. Ever since you woke up from the little sleep you had, you had no desire to move.

"I hate my life," you groaned dramatically as the ache in your abdomen continued.

Due to your monthly cycle, or your "shark week," as a particular fishy friend called it, you felt as if you wanted to kill anything that moved.

"Okay, ______, at least try and get up. Without inducing Niagra falls in the process," you rasped as you moved to a sitting position on your bed. You froze.

"Darn... I hate this. I hate it so much." Standing up, you tried to soothe your aching back and groaned in pain.

After taking a hot shower and freshening up for the day, you thought it best to relocate to the living room and try to relax.

You went downstairs, having a good mind to make some tea when you set eyes on a familiar set of yellow ones.

"Hey, ______! What's up-?" Undyne started before inspecting you further. "Whoa. You look pissed. Shark week?"

You nodded, almost imperceptibly. "It's really bad this time. It feels like someone's repeatedly stabbing my stomach with your spear."

She laughed. "Yeah, that's stuff sucks. Why don't you chill out on the couch for a minute while I make you some tea?"

"Please and thanks, Undyne." You reclined on the couch and sighed, trying to find a cramp-free position to lay down in.

Soon enough, Undyne came back with a steaming mug of green tea and carefully handed it to you.

As you sat up straight, Undyne lifted your legs to sit in place of them.

"So what brings you here," you asked her, sipping your tea, "Wasn't expecting to just find you on our couch."

The fish girl tried to click away from the polychromatic screen the TV seemed to be perpetually stuck on, but with no success. "I was supposed to meet Papyrus here for his cooking lesson for a change, but he said he and Sans would be a minute. So I decided to wait here for 'em. I don't have anything else to do. Alphys and I watched all the same animes we like already, so I'm super bored."

"Oh, okay... Well, nothing here's going to be too exciting either, sorry. I'm just trying my hardest not to kill anyone today."

"I felt that."

There was a short silence between you two. Undyne understood your pain and wanted to do you a favor and try to be quiet. However, you both knew this tranquility would only last for so long before a certain couple of skeletons came back to disrupt it.

"Did you take something?" Undyne turned her head towards you quizzically.

"Not yet."

"Maybe you should. That's why it's hurting so much, kid."

You laughed. "Oh, you think? Thanks so much for pointing that out." You mustered up the motivation to get up from the couch and head to the kitchen.

You opened the door of the skeleton brothers' tall sink and looked for something like ibuprofen or some other kind of painkillers and found a small bottle of something. You read "ibuprofen" in uncharacteristically small print on the bottle so you thought it'd be fine.

After taking the recommended amount of pills, you returned to the living room and sat back on the couch next Undyne. 

"SANS, I SWEAR TO THE SPAGHETTI GODS ABOVE, IF YOU SAY ONE MORE SNOW PUN, I WILL THROW YOUR LAZY REAR TO THE EDGE OF TOWN!" 

Upon hearing the all-too-familiar voice of Papyrus, you and Undyne turned to look at each other and burst with laughter.

The two skeleton brothers entered the house, one a bit more irritated than the other.

"Chill out, bro," Sans started, seemingly amused at his brother's annoyed expression, "No need to be so cold. But hey, it was sure ice of Undyne to come over, huh?"

Papyrus didn't even hear the last pun, he just heard "Undyne" and it was over.

"OH, I FORGOT! SORRY TO KEEP YOU WAITING, BUT WORRY NOT! SANS AND I HAVE ACCUMULATED ALL THE INGREDIENTS TO PREPARE THE PERFECT PASTA DISH!" 

As if to have regained some new-found motivation, Undyne hopped off the couch with a toothy grin on her face. "Alright, Papyrus! Let's try and shake things up and not set the kitchen on fire this time, alright?" she teased.

"YOU MEAN WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT? I WASN'T AWARE! EVEN STILL, THIS SHALL BE SPECTACULAR!"

As the two set off into the kitchen, Sans sat next to you and handed you a green bottle labeled "Ginger Ale."

"Thanks, Sans," you said as you accepted the drink and took a swig.

"Anytime, kiddo."