The girl who stole my heart

I was watching everyone through the windows of the orphanage. I was finally getting adopted at the age of seventeen. Either way, I was about to turn eighteen if I wasn't adopted by the end of this year I would have a choice on whether wanted to stator leave. I have been here as long as I can remember. Mrs Morris had looked after me for what felt like forever.

She had treated me like her daughter. Her own blood. Since my parents just left me at the doorstep of the orphanage, I suppose they didn't want me. I was quite the wallflower. I hardly ever uttered a word and always kept my head down. I just like keeping to myself.

When I heard the door creak open.
I knew that it was Mrs Morris, call me bizarre but I could feel her presence. It was like a sixth sense, I could feel people around me without actually having to turn. I sounded insane. She kept drilling wholes into my back with her focused gaze at me but I didn't avert mine away from the window. Finally, she signed.

"Clove .. Don't be like that. The Murphy's are lovely people, they are keen on adopting you. Come on sweetheart, smile it's a new start for you. You can make all your dreams come true. Give them a chance."
I looked at her in the eye this time. I knew she didn't want to let me go as I could feel how strained her voice had been but I simply bobbed my head

Making our way through the halls into Mrs Morris 's office I was met by a youthful, sleek woman with vibrant green eyes. She smiled at me with curiosity.
"Well, Clove, you will be moving in with the Murphy' s in an hour," said Mr Morris who had an arm around Mrs Morris.
I simply nodded and gave the Murphys the best smile I could offer and fled from the room.
~Addams Stoker POV~

Well so much for spending time with the Caden and pack. I can't believe mom's gonna adopt another kid today, not that I don't want him or her to join the family like we already have a witch, vampire and me a werewolf under the same roof and now she was bringing a helpless human! How are we going to explain all of this to her?? But like my mum says, the more the merrier.

And that's not the worst part she wants me' Addams Stoker 'to pick that human up because that dear mother of mine had to attend a council conference. I an alpha' s son, no, the future leader of the Blood Moon pack, had to put up with a witch, vamp and now a human!

Shit* I mentally cursed as I pull out the car keys from my pocket. I was supposed to pick the human by now I had ten minutes left.

I get into my car and speed off until I reach the orphanage. Phew! I made it in time. Or I would have to go through mum's fury. And I was not in the mood for that. As I make my way through the stairs of the orphanage and find my mother with a tiny figure next to her. As I moved forward I realised that she was beautiful.

She looked tiny, delicate. I felt like if I held her she would shatter.
At that moment she looked up and our gazes met. Her pair of doe eyes were the most fascinating thing I had ever seen. They were brown like coffee and had a certain sparkle to it.

My wolf Axel kept squealing in my head
"Mate! Addam! We found our mate! I want to mark her. She will make an amazing Luna!"
"Axel she is human. You must understand she needs time and space to settle down! And yes I do agree, she will be a perfect Luna"

We stood there rooted to our spots for what felt like an eternity, gazing into each other's eyes, we were in a daze, one I hoped lasted forever even after the afterlife but obviously, we were interrupted by my mother clearing her voice.
My mom mind linked me
"Addam? Is there something I should know?" her voice echoed in my head
"I think I found my mate" I replied through the mind link.
"When? Honey where is she?"
"Right in front of you... " I said with a low voice only she could hear as a smile slipped on to my lips.

I looked at my mate and asked "What's your name?" with a soft tone.
She looked confused, happy and there was something else too but I couldn't put my finger on it.
"Clove ... And yours? " she whispered still staring at me

She had an angelic voice. Clove. What a wonderful name. It suited her since her hair reminded me of cloves and so did her sent. She smelt like different spices but the scent of cloves really did stand out. "Clove.." I said aloud without realizing it. Her scent was wild
, It was messing with my head already but I loved it anyway.

She looked at me her cheeks turning pink as her hands fiddled with the hem of her skirt and she squirmed under my gaze. All this time I had forgotten that my mother was right beside me. She watched us with a knowing smile.

My parents had met each other on the battlefield. Yes, my father was the alpha of the Blood Moon pack and my mother the gamma of the Cresent moon pack.
Back then both the packs were at war. But when my father recognized that the gamma was his mate he called it off and the case that leads to the bloody war was further investigated.

That's when they were informed that both the packs were harmed by the hunters. They soon tracked the hunters down killed them and later ended up together and had me.

"Come on sweetheart's let's get going, shall we? " said my mother

Clove nodded and walked into a room at the end of the hall and came back with her red suitcase and a tiny duffel bag slung over her shoulder.
She looked absolutely angelic. She was messing with my head again without even knowing it. But I don't mind it.i could feel a smile creeping on to my face.
"Stop creeping her out Adds" whispered my wolf.

Oh dear, I must look like a creep. So much for first impressions. As Clove followed behind my mother she suddenly came to a halt and looked backwards and gave me a million-dollar smile.I could feel butterflies in my stomach. oh, dear goddess, I sound like a preschooler..but I was mesmerized that's for sure.Damn, Get a grip Addam..