We Don't Choose Who We Love, Our Hearts Do

Clove
Today was the most special day of my or so it was supposed to be. I had never let anyone in before but addam made me feel safe, I trusted him. He made me feel special, something that was new to me. He would never do anything to hurt me, or so I thought.

I was lost in conversation with addam when he introduced me to an old man, the previous beta. He was a good man and Indeed had quite a number of stories to tell me. He was lovely but I was missing Addam already. Sensing my emotions the old man smiled at me and left, that's when I saw them.

Addam was kissing ava the gamma girl. I had also heard that he was her ex. At first I thought addam was trying to push her and pull away but then I noticed his arm wrapped around her waist. The tears kept falling and I felt my heart shatter.

My vision went blurry and my legs gave out. Why must everyone who I love or could call family abandon me?
That was the last thing I thought of before letting the darkness take over me.
When I woke up in a hospital bed. My head was killing me. I inhaled the hospital's scent and scrunched my nose. Ugh I hate hospitals. I got off my bed with my wobbly legs that's when I remembered what happened.

I couldn't erase it from my head. It still made me feel like crawling into a corner and cry.
"Clove, love your okay" said addam. Where did he come from. He came towards me and hugged me. All of this was fake he didn't love me. He never did. I pulled away and hurt flickered through his eyes. I looked at the floor and mumbled.

"why are you here? Shouldn't you be with her" referring to ava
"Clove, baby listen to me that wasn't me. I was under a spell"
I looked at him hopefully.
He came closer and I involuntarily flinched. He sighned and took a step back and watched me carefully
"who was it" I asked in a small voice.
"Andre" he replied with a clenched jaw.

I snapped my head up and looked at him. He looked like he was hurt.
"how do you know that, is this a joke?"
"clo, I'm not kidding, she did this to us-" he was going to continue but I interrupted him.

"who told you this?" I questioned. Why would Andre do something like this. She was Andre. But the look on his face told me he was serious.
"Cole, and when I confronted her she dint deny it" he was expressionless.
"but she didn't accept it" I argued
"her hair turned blonde.. She's been using magic"

I couldn't believe him. Andre was so sweet, kind, loving, energetic, positive and heartbroken.
"where is she. I want to speak to her"
"she's in the cellar" he sighned "I'll take you there but only if you stay behind me"
"okay" I nodded and turned towards the bathroom, freshened up and followed him out..

We took the stairs that lead down a dark, gloomy hallway. We walked past several rooms with silver bars. Then we came to a halt at the end of the hallway face to face with Andre.

She wasn't awake. But even though it was dark I could see her blonde hair, bags under her eyes. As I looked around her I noticed that her legs and hand had been chained to the wall. She looked awful.

Like a nightmare one could say. She must have sensed us cause her swollen eyes slowly began to lift up and I saw her red orbs... It was horrifying.

I had questions for her but now I don't think I wanted answers anymore. I tugged on addams shirt. It was the first time I willingly touched him after I woke up. He seemed to understand and turned around leading the way to the exit.