Off to a Quest

~Percy's Pov~

"Well, you must choose 2 others to come along with you on this quest." Chiron said, "I guess I'll bring... I don't know yet can I get back to you on that?" Chiron nodded, "As long as you figure it out by tonight." I walked off towards the arena. I immediately decided against training seeing as there was the entire Ares cabin with spears and swords practicing. 

I went to my cabin and laid back, wondering who to bring on the quest. I ended up with a couple of candidates, but I wasn't so sure about all of them. I just started to train in some abilities, First I did something I never had done before. I went to the beach and used my water powers, focusing on trying to condense the water into one area and try to make it a solid.

Since I had a higher level I was still able to manipulate the water a bit longer, but it still drained me much faster than what I preferred. I ended up just stepping in the water to raise my MP. 

Bing!

Due to entering a body of water, you have gained +25 to Str. Vit. and Dex. and a +2,000 to HP and MP.

I like always felt much more powerful and more refreshed. I continued to manipulate the water to try and get it to turn into ice. As I continued to manipulate the water I held the water closer together, focusing on holding it in one spot. When I held it there the ball of water I was controlling began to turn into ice. 

Bing!

New Skill Created: Ice Manipulation Lvl: 1

It allows the user to control ice like an extra body part. 

Cost: 25 MP per minute.

Max Size: 5 pounds of ice 

I had finally gotten the skill I was looking for. So I spent the rest of the time I had until Lunch using the Ice Manipulation and I managed to level it up to 3 and I got a Sub-Skill for it.

Skill: Ice Manipulation Lvl: 3

Allows the user to control ice like an extra body part.

Cost: 23 MP per minute

Max Size: 15 pounds of ice

Sub-Skills:

Ice Spikes Lvl: 1

When manipulating ice you can form it into a spike shape and launch it at enemies. 

Cost: 30 MP per Spike

Damage: 50 HP

When I was finished we got ready for lunch, I sat alone at the Poseidon table. I sat there poking at my food. In the back of my mind, I had a genius idea. I wondered if the food had some kind of bonus to it. So I used 'Observation' to check if it did.

Food: Spaghetti 

Bonus if Eaten: +10 HP and +5 MP

After getting up and throwing my sacrifice into the Brazier I devoured the food and was ready to use more abilities. I had replenished my MP and I went back out to train. I went into the forest and walked up to the creek, using my 'ice manipulation' skill I shot 2 spikes at 2 different trees. The shards stuck themselves in the tree, I saw frost coming off of them. I thought about who I should bring with me on the quest, Luke was a good swordsman, but something felt off. Annabeth was smart and seemed to be a good tactician. Grover was a satyr, which meant he had connections to the forest and would be a good guide. 

I found Grover after I had depleted my MP and sadly hadn't gotten a level up. I asked him if he wanted to come with me on the quest, at first he was a little reluctant but after some goading from me, he finally agreed. So after I left him I went to look for Annabeth, She wasn't in her cabin (At least that's what Malcolm said) and I went to Chiron to explain who I chose. Though I told him about my problem not finding Annabeth.