I Fight A War God

"What do you mean by that?" I asked the Lord of the Underworld. "You see my Helm of Darkness has been stolen, but you would already know that because you're the one who stole my Brother's little Firecracker and my Helm. So hand them here and I may feel a slight hint of mercy." His accusation seemed pretty far fetched, even to me.

"There's no way I could even try to take either of them!" I countered, "Oh is that so? Then why do you enter my domain carrying the Bolt?" A sudden realization hit me, the bag Ares gave us. I took it off my back and opened it, sure enough inside the bag sat a Celestial Bronze cylinder capped at both ends while giving off a constant crackle of electricity. I was dumbfounded. 

While my brain was trying to comprehend this Hades went on, "I would even consider giving back your mother." As he raised his hand I saw my mom stuck in the same position she had been in when she was crushed by the Minotaur. Her eyes still held as much worry as they did on that fateful night. "It's your choice, either give me my helm and my brother's bolt or I'll take them forcefully." 

Skeletons formed all around us, some were holding M16 Assault Rifles, Spears, Swords, and M1 Garands. There was physically no way we could escape this situation. I felt something cold in my pocket, then I remembered the pearls. I took them out and looked at them, I turned around and opened my hand towards them. "Take one and smash it under your feet." Annabeth and Grover looked at me worriedly and hesitantly took one. 

I turned back to Hades with the pearl in hand, "Sorry Uncle, I'm gonna have to pass." Then I threw the pearl down at my feet and a bubble formed around me. I heard a muffled Hades begin to yell in panic and his skeletons started to fire. The bullets bounced off the outer walls of the bubble. I looked up and began to panic, We were heading straight towards a ceiling filled with tons of stalactites. After bracing myself and preparing for the fall, I was surprised when it never came. 

We seemed to be floating through solid rock, though I couldn't see Grover and Annabeth I assumed they were in the same position I was. We eventually made it up to the top and around us was an ocean. As we floated towards the top the bubbles popped. I looked around and saw Annabeth and Grover swimming around, we were lucky enough to have 2 lifeguards pick us up in a dinghy. I had to give up my shoes to Grover, assuming that it would be best if one of us was barefoot instead of having hooves.

We were dropped off and given water bottles and buttons. I felt terrible, leaving my mom down there. But I couldn't abandon my friends. Hearing a faint rumble of an engine I saw Ares leaning against his bike. "Well well well, I'm surprised Punk, didn't think you'd make it out of there alive" I growled in my throat, this guy is what set me up for Zeus to kill me, and for my mom to suffer. Though with even with 'Gamer's Mind I was still upset even now. I also spotted a Greek Helmet that struck fear in my entire body. 

The empty sockets where the eyes would be seemed to glow in power, the very shadows around it bending to its will. "I bet you're wondering how I managed to put this genius idea together." I really wasn't, "After dad sent Apollo, Artemis, Athena, and Me out to find his weapon I was lucky enough to grab it. Before I was about to give it to Zeus I realized something, the war that would be possible from Olympus turning on each other would make the Trojan War look like a water balloon fight. Poseidon wages war on Hades for killing you, Zeus would declare war on Hades for having the Master Bolt, A war between relatives is the best kind of war." It sounded a little to complex for someone like Ares, I wasn't buying it. I had a strange feeling that the thing in the Pit was bossing him around but I had no proof. 

"But they're your family!" Annabeth proclaimed, Ares then smiled smugly, my eyes lit up, it wasn't Hades that was 'The God who had turned' but rather Ares. "Well, I have to kill you so you can't get that bolt to my good old pops," "Your following the orders of that thing in the pit!" I accused, His smirk faltered and he said: "What would you know about that being?" Suddenly a Boar came charging from behind Ares at me. I sidestepped and slashed off one of its tusks. It stopped and looked back at me but I willed the water to lift and smash into the beast. Killing it instantly.