Helping the Resistance

~Percy's Pov~

I sat inside of the underground base, currently playing poker against Ryan. We were waiting in the command room for our orders, I was asked to accompany him to make sure he didn't go and blow everything up. Which was normally my job.

I smirked with the cards in my hand and on the table, I had a pair of kings in my hand and an extra on the table. I placed half of my chips in the pile. Ryan seemed to be quite uncertain about the situation, so he quickly folded out. I chuckled under my cloak and pulled in the pot. 

Suddenly the door opened to Alexia and the black-haired man with volcanic black eyes, who I learned was also one of my future children, and he was named Charles. We quickly rose, "Do we have a mission?" I asked though Alexia looked at the ground and sighed. "The Council isn't sure about the risks and outcome," The Council was the group that led the resistance. No one knew who was on it. 

"Are you kidding me?! Do they not trust us?" Ryan cried out loud, "It's not their lack of trust for you, it's their lack of trust for him," She then pointed towards me. "Me? What do they have against me?" She sighed again, "They think you're a spy, you pop up out of nowhere and suddenly are ready to help us, I for one think you're on our side." 

"Well, Is there anything I can help with?" "Yes actually, our base is need of some repairs after the enemy's attacks. So you can go and help with setting up a wall around the base." I sighed and headed outside, around the base were several 8' tall steel pillars, which were meant to be the foundations inside of a cement layer.

As I walked towards one I put on the Amulet of the Flame Titan for the added +30 to Str. When I got to one I attempted to pick it up to see how heavy it is. The pillar moved slightly. I opened up my stats to make sure everything was correct.

Name: Perseus Jackson

Title: Champion of the Unclaimed

Race: Demi-God

Level: 23

XP: 12,286/65,000

HP: 1,050/1,050

MP: 525/525

Str: 18+(17)+(30)+(25)=90 

Vit: 4+5+17=26

Dex: 13+5+3+17=38

Int: 8+17=25

Wis: 9+17=26

Luck: 10+17=27

Stat Points: 110

$12,833.50/35 Drachmas 

I growled and activated Super Strength. With the bonus, I nearly had 200 Str. I groaned as I picked up the pillar, the steel ground into my back. I slowly was able to walk over to the dugout space in the ground, then I slammed the pillar into the ground. 

Bing!

Due to lifting Heavy Weights you've gained +2 to Str.!

I groaned as I stood back up, glad that the amulet was able to stop Muscle Exhaustion. Deciding I didn't want to experience that again I used all of my Manipulation skills to lift the steel. It wasn't much easier but at least I didn't have the steel digging into my spine. With my help, we were able to get what should have taken several days take only half a day. 

When I got back I was sweating and exhausted from using so much MP. I sat back down in the command center. "Please tell me they are going to let me do something?" "They were a little iffy on letting you do it but it seems that there's someone on the council that believes in you because they convinced everyone to let you go," Alexia stated as she looked up from a book.