Ch. 7: Waves of Love

You were with Hermione and Harry at the bridge. "That's a really nice necklace (y/n). Where'd you get it?" Harry asked as he stared at in awe. You smiled and proudly said, "Cedric gave it to me for Christmas." He smiled, "It looks good on you." You saw Cedric rushing over to you and walked up to Harry and gave him access to the Prefect's bathrooms. "Take your golden egg there and you'll find out the clue for the second task." he informed Harry. He proudly took your hand and said, "See you later." and walked off with you.

Cedric was escorting you to your next class, a true gentleman he is. When you arrived, he hugged you tightly and kissed you gently. "See you after classes." he smiled and walked off.

*in the middle of class*

You sat beside Hermione while Ron and Harry sat behind you. As you were going over some notes with her, Professor McGonagall came in and informed Mad-Eye that she needed you, Hermione, and Ron to follow her to Professor Dumbledore's office. He nodded and the 3 of you followed her. "Are we in trouble ma'am?" You asked. She smiled and replied, "No my dear. Dumbledore will tell you when we get there."

When you arrived, Gabrielle was also waiting there and she smiled when seeing you. "Do not worry, neither of you are in trouble. But we need you for the 2nd task. Do you remember the Black Lake?" Dumbledore spoke.

You asked, "It has Mermaids, right? Cedric said something about the clue from the golden egg and it had something to do with them." He nodded and said, "Yes, precisely (y/n)." he got up from his desk and walked over to you and the others. "The 2nd task requires the champions to recover someone or something dear to them from the merpeople." He walked to the door, "You will all follow me to the Black lake now. You may leave your belongings in here."

You followed Dumbledore to the Black Lake and Hagrid was waiting on one of the docks. "Hey Hagrid!" You smiled to him. "Hello (y/n)? Feelin nervous?" you nodded in response. "Don't worry, there will be a spell that will protect ya from drownin." You replied with confidence, "I think I can handle it." and he patted your back, "That's the spirit."

*Cedric's POV*

"Harry. Have you seen (y/n)?" Harry shook his head no and replied, "No. But have you seen Ron and Hermione?" I shook my head. "I'm so worried about them..." he mumbled. "I'm sure we'll see them soon." I reassured him.

*hours later*

I stood on the docks, ready for the 2nd task. The canon went off and I dove in.

I swam with Harry through the dark and cold water. As we swam through, we saw mermaids starting to surround us as we got closer to where we needed to go. I could see from a distance, somethings were floating. As we got closer and closer, I could see the person I've been longing to see.

"(y/n)!!!" my mind exclaimed. I swam up to her and placed my hands on her cheeks, what have they done to her?! Her cheeks that were usually warm, were pale and cold. I cast a spell at the chain and broke her free. I grabbed onto her arm and looked over at Harry to tap my watch and let him know that time is almost running out. He nodded and I swam up to the surface.

Back up at the surface of water, (y/n) eyes opened and she gasped for air. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders as I swam to the dock and she climbed up the ladder and I went up after her. Dumbledore handed us some warm towels and I held her close to me.

*Your POV*

  Your teeth were chattering and Cedric held you close to him and it helped a little.

Minutes later, Hermione and Victor surfaced and swam to the ladder. You helped Hermione and Victor up the ladder.

Hermione hugged you, "We made it (y/n)" you hugged her back. Minutes later, Ron and Gabrielle surfaced but there was no sign of Harry. Worry began to take over you but Harry surfaced and you sighed in relief. You helped him out of the water and wrapped him with a warm towel.

Everyone was cheering and Dumbledore accounced that Cedric was in first place, Harry in 2nd for saving Gabrielle as well, Victor in 3rd, and Fleur in last place. Barty Crouch shook the champion's hands and congratulated them and everyone started to head back to Hogwarts.

"Do you want to take a bath in the Prefect's bathroom?" Cedric asked as you were halfway there. you nodded and got closer to him.

*time-skip to the Prefect's bathroom*

You had changed into a t-shirt and shorts and tied your long hair in a bun as you were walking to the warm water. You slowly stepped in the hot tub and sat down.

The water was so warm and soothing, it felt like all of your worries disappeared just like that in a flash

The water was so warm and soothing, it felt like all of your worries disappeared just like that in a flash. You heard footsteps approaching and Cedric slowly went in and sat next to you. (He was wearing swim shorts) You rested your head on his shoulder and looked out the window to see the night sky.

"The night sky is so beautiful." You admired the stars. Cedric smiled and wrapped his arm around you. "I was worried about you before the 2nd task started. Even Harry was worried about you." You looked at him and mumbled, "I'm sorry Ced." (You called him Ced since your 2nd year) He kissed your cheek and smiled, "It's alright." he then kissed you gently and smiled, "I love that nickname." you smiled and replied, "I'm glad you do." you rested your head on his shoulder again.

You saw a shooting star and exclaimed, "Ced! A shooting star! Make a wish!" he smiled and looked at the shooting star, 'I wish to be with (y/n) for the rest of my life.' you looked at the shooting star 'I wish to be with Cedric for the rest of my life.'