Ch. 15: Missing You

You sat with Hermione as you both were watching the quidditch game. Ron had made it into the team and you couldn't be more proud of him.

*Time skip to the end of the game*

Gryffindor had won and you and Hermione cheered and hugged.

*

In the Gryffindor Common Room, everyone was cheering for Ron and suddenly a girl named Lavender kissed Ron. Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion and you didn't know what to think. You looked over and saw Hermione sniffle and walk away.

You and Harry looked at each other and followed after her, finding her alone, sitting on the bottom of a stair case.

"Hey.. What's wrong?" You asked as you and Harry sat down next to her. 

She sniffled and asked, "How does it feel, Harry?" He looked over at her.

"When you see Dean and Ginny?" she added. "I know. I've seen the way you look at her." Harry looked at the ground and didn't say anything.

You heard giggling and saw Ron and Lavender. "Oops. I think this room is taken." she said to him. Ron told her that he'd catch up and walked over to you. "Hey. What's wrong?" he asked when seeing Hermione crying.

You walked up to him and whispered in his ear, "I think it's best if you give her some space."

He nodded slowly and said, "Alright. If there's anything you guys need, just let me know." he gave you a hug and then walked off.

You looked over and saw Hermione resting her head on Harry's shoulder and she sobbed.

"It feels like this." he said. 

You heard footsteps and saw Draco walking down the hallway.

"I'll catch up with you guys." you said as Hermione and Harry started to walk back to the common room. Harry nodded and you rushed off, after Draco.

*

He stood at the balcony of the Astronomy Tower and you slowly walked up to him. You placed your hand on his back and asked, "Aren't you cold?"

He looked at you and just replied, "No.." You could tell something was bothering him and you asked, "What's on your mind, Dray?" (Dray is a nickname you gave him since you were both kids)

He replied dully, "I don't really want to talk about it." you nodded and hugged him, "It's fine if you don't want to talk about it. But just know that I'm always here for you." you reassured him. 

He had a small smile on his face when looking at you, but then it turned back into a frown when he looked up at the sky. He suddenly grabbed your hand and squeezed it gently and you squeezed his to comfort him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The next day, at night*

Professor Slughorn had invited you and some friends to his party and you accepted the invitation. You asked Draco if he'd like to go, just to get his mind off of things, but he politely declined.

You stood by the windows, with Hermione while you were both drinking some butterbeer. She suddenly started panicking and grabbed hold onto your arm.

"What's wrong?" you asked her. "He's here!" she whispered shouted. You looked over and saw Cormac McLaggen. You scoffed, "Him again?!"

He started walking over to you and Hermione. "Cover for me." she said and hid behind the curtain.

"Excuse me, miss." Cormac said as he walked up to you. "Can I help you?" you asked politely. "Have you seen Hermione?" he asked. You shook your head and said, "No. I think she went to the girls' bathroom." He started eating some Chocolate and Snape suddenly walked over to you.