Ch. 19: You Are Enough

*Author's note before we get into this chapter: So I got dumped and he was implying that I wasn't good enough for him. So I'm writing this for comfort and to also remind you all that we're all good enough. I hope that you enjoy this chapter*

It felt like everything was tearing apart. 

The anxiety and stress was getting the best of you and your insecurities were also getting in the way.

Your parents had started getting into arguments now, even over small things.

*

As you sat in the corner of your room, hugging your knees, heartbreaking words ran through your mind and wouldn't go away.

*(a/n): There will be somethings that might trigger any emotions or past trauma. So please be aware*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

"You will never be enough."

"You're worthless."

"Wish you have never been born."

"You are a failure."

"You're difficult to love."

"You're not pretty enough."

"You're ugly."

"you can't do anything right."

All those words were the only things you could hear. 

"No... go away..." you mumbled, clutching your ears.

Your ears clutched tighter as you paced your room, helplessly looking around as your vision started to fade out, breathing heavily.

"Stop!" you cried out as the words seemed to get louder.

You fell down onto your knees and cried into your hands.

*

"Is (y/n) home?" Cedric asked as your parents let him in.

"Yes. She's up in her room." your mother said. Cedric smiled and thanked her as he went up the stairs.

"Baby." he called out, walking up to your bedroom door.

He could hear faint cries and leaned in towards the door to hear. "Why am I not enough?" he could hear.

He rushed into your room, seeing you on your knees, crying.

"Baby!" he cried out as he rushed over to you and pulled you up from the ground.

Your cries filled the room and he pulled you in for a tight hug. His hand ran through your hair and he brushed his forehead against yours. It broke his heart to see you like this. "Baby.... What happened? Talk to me.... please..." he said.

Your parents heard your cries and rushed upstairs to your room, seeing Cedric hold you.

"I-I..." you sniffled.

Cedric placed his hand on your cheek and looked into your eyes with a worried and sad expression on his face.

"I just feel like I haven't been good enough. I'm not pretty enough or smart enough! I'm worthless and I can't do anything right! I-I.... I don't know! I don't feel confident enough... An-And... I Just don't know at this point!" you cried out.

Cedric held you tightly as you cried into his shoulder and your mother was rubbing your back.

"Sweetheart..." your mother said. "Why didn't you tell us how you were feeling? You know that your father and I are always here for you." 

You looked at your parents, "Because... I..." you sniffled, "Didn't want to disappoint you..."

Your mother had a sad expression, "Oh, honey..." and she hugged you tightly along with your father.

"You're our daughter, sweetheart. We could never be disappointed in you when you are feeling like this. We're your parents and It's our job to raise and protect you. We love you." your father said.

More tears formed in your eyes when you heard the words 'We love you'. 

"We'll give you two some space." your mother said and she left with your father, shutting the door behind them.

"Why, (y/n)?" Cedric said.

Tears streamed down your face as you looked up at him.

"Why do you do this to yourself? How long have you been bottling up these emotions?" he asked.

"Baby. Look at me.." he placed his thumb and index finger on your chin.

"Baby, I love you enough to fight for you, compromise for you, and sacrifice myself for you if need be. Enough to miss you incredibly when we're apart, no matter what length time it is for and regardless of the distance. Enough to believe in our relationship, to stand by it even at the worst times, to have faith in our strength as a couple, and to never give up on us. Enough to want to spend the rest of my life with you, be there for you when you need or want me, and I never want to leave you. I can't live without you. I love you that much." he wiped your tears away. 

"You are my world and it breaks my heart to see you like this. So whenever you feel like this, you shouldn't have to hesitate to come to me about it." and he pressed his lips against yours.

He picked you up and gently placed you onto your bed and cuddled up next to you as your eyes slowly closed.

*Another (a/n):

You are enough. You may not hear that as much as you deserve, or you may hear it so often that you just don't believe it anymore, but it's true. I know what it's like to struggle with this feeling of not living up to certain expectations, whether they be my own or someone else's, but I'm here to tell you that you are worth so much more than you make yourself out to be.

I know what it's like to try something 100 times and still not be able to get it right. I know the pain that you feel when you try your hardest on something, but you just can't seem to perfect it the way that everyone wants you to. Let me remind you of something: you are not perfect; you are human. You will make mistakes hundreds and thousands of times, but that doesn't mean you aren't good enough. You will stray from your normal path and get lead down one that you never thought you'd see yourself on. You are worth more than every single choice you could ever make. Your choices do not define you. Let me repeat that: you are not defined by the choices that you make. You are going to let people down. You are going to fail. You are going to mess up.

But you are worth it. You are worth the mistakes, the failure, the constant wandering away from what you know is right to what you know is wrong. I know that there is at least one person out there who always understands you, knows you, and still accepts you for everything that you tear yourself down for. Keep your head up.*