THIRTEEN

❝THIS IS LOOKIN' LIKE A CRIME SCENE❞

CONAN GRAY, FIGHT OR FLIGHT

ROUGHLY TEN MONTHS AGO!

Waking up with a pounding headache wasn't what Lorelei was expecting, neither was being tied to a chair and having a gag placed roughly in her mouth. That was until the memories of being ambushed struck her mind, reminding the young mage of the cloth that covered her mouth after a pole hitting her head, the scent of chloroform sending her into a sweet, drowsy sleep.

Lorelei knew what was about to happen, she had nightmares of this for years, since leaving Centia. Torture, bruises, blood, and pain was what her future held for her. She couldn't call upon her Archmage for any non-mind elemental help, her body was already too weak. That, and she felt the presence of magic surrounding her. Whoever had captured her had another mage on their sure, who ensured to cast a blocking spell on the room she was in.

"Fuck." Lorelei murmured to herself, her voice muffling against the cloth gag within her mouth. She knew of the dangers that lurked in the dark of Gotham City, she knew that when she first moved there, but not once did the young mage think she would become a victim of the city's villains.

"Oh, good, you're awake!" A male voice cheerily sneered, grabbing Lorelei's attention as she whipped her head in his direction, cringing as she got lightheaded from the movement. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He laughed, taking the gag from the violet eyed girl's mouth, causing her to immediately shout for help.

Her screams for help quickly changed to screams of pain as the man stabbed her left thigh, grinning at the blood that began to pour from the wound. Tears pouring out her eyes, Lorelei blinked her tears away as her vision adjusted to the dark, the pain in her thigh taking most of her attention as she looked at her abductor. The Joker.

The green haired maniac laughs at her pleas. "It's only getting worse from here," He taunted, pulling the knife from her thigh, earning yet another scream from the ice blonde mage. The Joker danced to her screams as he waltzed to a table just three steps away from the chair Lorelei was restrained to, the young mage just now noticing she couldn't move. "Scarecrow is still to come... and so is an old friend of yours."

Friend? Lorelei didn't have friends. She wasn't sure what made her more nervous, more scared. The mentioning of an old friend she did not actually have or the multiple weapons Joker was showcasing to her, watching for which one she was more afraid of.

"Friend?" Lorelei asked out loud, her voice weak and beginning to ache from her painful screams. Her violet eyes widened as Joker inches back towards her, a much sharper knife in his hand.

Seemingly ignoring her question, the mad man cut away at her tank top, ripping it to shreds before carving a 'J' into the left side of her chest, just above her cleavage. Which hurt. A lot. It was similar to her nightmares, where Joker would brand his 'J' onto her by burning her skin but this was worse. The blood poured down, staining her little white sleep shorts, an opposite of the smell of burning flesh. Her screams paralleled those of her dreams; a deep scream from the top of her lungs that only ached the back of her throat, matching the two wounds Joker had already placed upon the young mage.

"Yes, a friend." He admitted, throwing the blooded knife back on the table, swapping it for a baton, not hesitating before whacking her new 'J' branding. "You suit it already, just wait until the scar comes!" The laughing man complimented, his 'nice' words only filling Lorelei's fear.