Chapter 5: Premonition

**

In the grip of silent panic, Aurora's body frantically spun around; pupils dilated, heart wildly racing and body burning madly. 

A sparkling blue spring of crystal clear water extended in front of her eyes. Aurora stopped moving and almost instantly became mesmerized by its outrageous beauty. Her head felt fuzzy and dim. She couldn't think clearly and, when she tried to speak, her thoughts evaporated into nothingness before they could leave her mouth. A strange yet, intense desire gradually grew inside the girl, pushing and pushing her to approach it, distorting her mind in such a way that she was nothing more than a puppet. Deceived by the bright, inviting lights and pleasant smells enveloping her, she mindlessly allowed those invisible strings to guide her. The more she walked towards the magical water, the more she wanted to feel the water ran through her frail fingers... ran through her sore limbs. The water was indeed tempting. The moonlight hoovering on top of that lagoon was like a huge bulb, lighting the path ahead. Careless if being a wrong or a right one. The sensation of floating in the air was relaxing and soothing. She placed a foot inside; the cold water swept into her ballerinas' shoes, stealing the heat from her feet just as fast as the wind stole from her face. She continued to go further in, to breach through the water and slowly s, only to stop when the water level reached her thighs; the skirt of her evening dress danced freely on the lagoon's surface as so did her curly hair playfully floated in the air.

~Vere ac libere loquere... Morte nihil certius est, nihil vero incerta quam ejos hora... Alea jacta est~ 

(Truth and liberty speak... Time is uncertain, but death is certain...The die is cast.)

Aurora knelt down, soft sand beneath nestled her knees and legs. She stared down at the image reflected in the water; her mind was still a surging perplexity. Eyes closed, she felt the world around her spiraled, twisting and turning in the air. But, then...

In a form of a high-toned pitch 'wake-up' call, an animalistic sound emerged from deep the forest and broke her trance.

Aurora's mind immediately snapped back to reality, making her physically falling backwards in the water with the startle. Soon, she found herself in a soggy situation."W-Wha--? I-I uh--..." She felt a cold chill ran her body. For what It seemed, she was all wet, from the top of her head to the tip of her toes. Small waves dimpled at the surface as she moved her legs around."Why am I inside of... the lagoon?"  She asked herself rather confused; she scrambled to stand back on her feet again and quickly stepped away from the water. Pushing back that late-night unwanted swimming session, she took one last glance around. Everything except for the lagoon was shrouded by the darkness of the night. Surrounding her, rows of alined trees filled the spaces around that lagoon; its branches protrude like vines up towards the sky. The trees and the grass radiated a mild green aura and, the stars twinkled brightly above. A deafening silence once again reigned. What is this place? It's so strange...

The sound of the grass being trampled perked her ears."Who's... there?" She hesitantly asked as she turned around, making direct eye contact with the forest's east wing.