Chapter 12: Judgment Day

"It's finally today!" Aurora sighed towards the sky. The Judgment trial was being held early in the morning in the academy's auditorium. Whereby today was an atypical day so, classes were canceled for the sake of everyone's enjoyment. It was a ceremonial day after all. As such, she found herself leaving the dorm much earlier than ever before."It's a beautiful day... Gosh, I'm so nervous..." She paced through the garden in front of the girls' dorm to try and settle her restless heart. It was then that she noticed someone exiting the dormitory.

"Aurora!" Louise yelled; Amelia and Liz were following a little further behind.

"Girls? What are you doing this early?" Aurora was surprised; the guests only needed to show up by 10 AM.

"We're here to support you, silly!" Louise nudged her with her elbow.

"And, to give you something for good luck!" Amelia clamored cheerfully.

"What is it?" She watched them curiously, wondering what they had planned on.

"Stretch out your hands Aurora, palms facing up," Amelia asked, and tho hesitantly, she did as she was told to. Then her friend closed her eyes shut and softly cleared her throat."Bestow courage and fortune on this soul. Valshal Fuluree."

A few minutes passed, everything had remained the same; Aurora glanced around, trying to figure out what that enchantment did."What exactly did you do?" She forced herself to ask.

"This is a charm," Amelia explained."And it is said to give good luck."

"Seriously?" She exclaimed in disbelief. "No way..."

"Yes. It has power to the extent of our own beliefs." Amelia continued.

"And we believe in you, Aurora!" Liz jumped up and gave Aurora the most teddy-bear like hug which made her feel all the love, protection, and care they had cultivated for her in the short time she has stayed."This is my gift to you... doesn't have much power as Amelia's charm bit, it's a promise of a reunion!" She gently broke the embrace and stepped away, smiling up at her. 

"Thank you, Liz. I appreciate those words." She smiled back.

"Now, my turn! Here." Louise pulled off from her purse a small accessory bag and handed it to Aurora. Inside she found a cute star pendant for her wand. "It lights up in the dark so you won't forget that there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel... there will always be a solution to your problems, the secret is to never give up!"

"Oh wow, I don't know what to say... thank you, Louise." She said, admiring the pendant swinging between her fingertips."I'll treasure it forever!"

"Ah, and you can just stir it up to your wand with a lace!" She quickly added.

"That I can help with! Give me your wand and the pendant, please." Liz requested as she pulled off a cute pink lace from around her wrist; Aurora quietly complied. She then gently slid the lace's tip into the pendent's top ring and began to neatly enwrap it around the wand's bottom, finishing in a pretty bow.

Aurora gapped at the sight."It turned out beautifully! Thank you! Thank you so much--!" In pure joy, she tightly embraced the three of them."T-T-Thank you! Y-Y-Y-You guys are the best!"

"You're not going to cry, are you?" Louise pointed out with a roll of eyes but still, with a satisfactory smile on her face."Such a crybaby my roommate turned out to be."