Chapter 6: New friends

Louise was tiptoeing almost to the extent of actually performing the Pointe ballet technique; her head was stretched-up and her torso swayed in every direction possible, switching sides every now and then due to sudden balance disruptures. She seemed to be looking for someone in the crowd.

"Who are you looking for?" Aurora asked as she descended the last step and stood beside her.

"You'll just see~!" She sang, eyes still locked somewhere in between the crowd.

Aurora shrugged, not seeing exactly the point. Why didn't she called the person she was looking for instead of looking for them in a crowded place? For some reason, they ended up inventing the Pocosmart a few millenniums back."Pocosmart. Be like E.T., be smart.", she recalled the slogan with a short scoff. It was so silly that it was funny. Things have really changed for the better and, It sure has made life much easier. With a sigh, her shoulders relaxed and she couldn't help but to also look around the room. Still, despite the current late-hour, there were a lot of girls gathered around in the main hall of the dormitory, just jovially chit-chatting among themselves; some talked about trivial things to the everyday life, a few sang to the latest musical hits and others shared their school-life events and commented about the teachers. 

"Y-You think it's true? T-The rumor about, #%&%#...?

"Yes! It was #%&%# who spread it!"

"C'mon, still rambling on about that, Agatha? You know he's just a tattler, right?"

"Yeah! But what if it's really true?"

A small group of three girls stood in the far corner of the room, chit-chatting lively. Their mutters and whispers grew louder and louder, a subject that surprinsingly caught Aurora's attention. She left Louise to search on her own and listened intently for a few minutes.

"Just bear with me one second, Anna." The ginger girl talked or, rather shouted about the subject with enthusiasm and certainty."Don't you think it's rather odd that no one has seen #%&%# during night-time? Not even wandering the school halls doing night patroll? Or at the school cafeteria for dinner... or even the teachers' lodging? I also ask, why does his house locate in the village center, because it takes at least one hour to get here. What if anything happens and he needs to be here in a nick of time?"

"He can always use teleportation... but, I'm sure he just likes his privacy--" The black-haired girl retorted; the unabashed way in which she faced the subject, made it seem that she didn't believe a singly word of the other girl's argument. "And, you're wrong. He has been seen the other day -- the last festival we had-- The Academy's Foundation day? Remember? It was already late at night."

"No! There's definitely something fishy here!" The girl from before tilted her head down and supported her chin in her hand, in a thoughtful set."What does the rumor say again? Ah, yes! It says that he's two of the three successors that protects the east forest and whatever it is inside it." She whispered only for the two girls that were with her to hear. "So, following that thought, he must be able to shift between two completely different characters in order to fufill those roles."

"Are you listening to what you're saying? That is so far fetched--"

"No-- listen. Now, this is where it gets all kinds of fuzzy... The question is, what does he turn to? An animal or a human? Male or female? And, when, if not always?"