Chapter 30: Who seeks, shall find

"Thank you for bringing him back safely, Aurora," Elias said, seemingly relieved that Luca was brought safe and sound."I can't believe you had the stomach to stitch his wound together."

Aurora shrugged again, plunging her hands into her skirt's pocket, "I had to learn a few things in order to help myself and others for that fact, my village is really poor."  and glanced up at him with a pained smile. "So, that was nothing new to me."

"I see, you're amazing, Aurora." He praised.

"T-Thank you." She tugged a strand of hair behind her ear a bit flustered at the comment. "Well, I need to go, but before I do, here are a few things you need to be on alert," She said, handing over to him a piece of paper. "The stitches are absorbable so you have nothing to worry about that. Give him some painkillers every eight hours and check for blood leaks through the bandage. You'll only need to change it every other day." She made a brief tour around her scribbles. "He just needs a lot of rest now. Please make sure to write me often and if anything concerning the wound changes!"

"I'll sure do." He consented with a nod."I would feel more reassured if we'd bring him to someone medically more capable but, it's better this way." and, added. "Despite not being on the best terms with him, I'm his friend and I wouldn't want him to be sent to the detention chamber as punishment, being injured or not. I'm sure he had his reasons to break into Professor Schuyler's office, even if his behavior was really reckless. I just hope that somedays he tells me..."

"Yeah, he sure does..."  She was quiet for a long moment, she appeared thoughtful rather than surprised to him. She still couldn't believe her luck when she unraveled a mystery so well hidden by many: Luca was Aulelia's son, a bastard to Prince Louis Lionheart, and Professor Schuyler surely was ordered to take the child somewhere far and make him disappear, most likely by King himself. Yet that being something hard to swallow, it made sense to her; once the premonitory dreams mingled with the fact that the 'Dragon eye' was involved, no doubts remained. It seemed far-fetched but, someone was trying to steal that gem and use its power for obviously evil purposes. Although, she couldn't wrap her mind around who might hold such intentions, all she could muster was that it must have been someone yielding great power. There were still too much holes in her theories. That said, she couldn't share it with anyone until she had more proof. So, the plan was to keep it to herself then...

"Aurora?" He whispered her name softly, so as not to scare her.

"Hm?"

"Be safe when returning to your dormitory." He sincerely wished.

"Of course," A warm smile crossed her lips. Then, she waved her hand and bid him goodbye. In acknowledgment, he did the same, turning around and closing the door to the boy's dormitory behind him, as for her, she walked away. All it took was a five-minute walk since the dorms were built by each side, only to be separated by a thick brick wall. Stepping in quickly on the girl's premises, she quietly shut the metal door and walked towards the entrance door but, shortly after, Aurora stopped in her tracks and turned her head back, eyes searching for something that wasn't really there.

"What is it?" 

"Didn't you hear anything?" She blinked a couple of times, trying to discern if her mind was playing tricks on her.

"What?" She was confused.

"Maybe it was nothing..." She fell into silence again and intended to resume her walking, but it only lasted a minute."That..." In the darkness, there was a quiet humming sound of whispers and cries, as well as echoes of a clapping sound, likely to be hoofs and wheels.