Chapter 29: Talent wins games

After meeting up with Elias with no clues to Luca's whereabouts, she carried out her search after classes officially ended for the day.

The sun was beginning to set down, the afterglow of sunset lingering on the horizon and making eerie shapes in the building. 

"We've looked everywhere for your friend, Aurora. Where else is there to look for? Can we just go home please? I'm tireeeeed!" The small pixie's high-pitched whine made the human girl cringe.

"Don't be like that, Elina" She said in a scolding tone."Luca might be hurt, remember? We can't just leave him if that's true. So, we need to find him and help him if that's the case. Why?"

"... because that's not morally right..." 

"And?"

"... and, 'cause an act of kindness, no matter how small, is never wasted... "

"And?"

"... and, he's a human being who deserves to be treated with humanity..." 

"So?"

"Yeah, yeah... GOT IT." It was her turn to roll her eyes but she held out a hand to Aurora."Let's just get on with it and find him."

Aurora pushed the door to the west wing of the school forward, revealing an open-spaced corridor with an indoor yard. In its center was a small fountain, where freshwater drew out of a shell held by a beautiful maiden in marble."Why do you act like that? I know you care." She made a quick observation.

"N-No, I don't." She shook her head as she spat, "I don't even know him."

"I know but, you know me. And, you know me enough to understand that I wouldn't ask you to tag along if I wasn't so worried." She tried hard to convince her friend that she was being intransigent."Besides, he's my friend, as you are too. I'd do the same if it were you." 

A resolute shrug indicated that Aurora's speech was fruitless."Yes, but I don't know if that's really enough."

Aurora evinced no surprise, she only smiled faintly and sighed, as if to say that this was no more than she had expected. She minded it no more and continued walking the path, her gaze falling onto each corner of the area, frantically searching for any sign of Luca. It was imperative that she would rush her search and find him rather sooner than later, it was getting kind of late; everyone had already left the permisses.

"Why don't you use a tracking spell?" Elina then suggested, "It will be faster--"

"And messier," She added, almost in a whisper, "If this is a commonplace to him, then the tracking spell will show footprints on a two-week gap."

"Oh, I see," But, she insisted. "It's better than nothing tho."

"I guess," Aurora slipped out her wand and readied herself to perform the charm. "Here goes nothing--" As soon as she opened her mouth again to chant the words onto her wand's tip, a muffled, seemingly pained grunt coming from the fountain's direction made both of the girls turn their heads at each other in surprise. "That worked better than I anticipated..." Subsequently, Elina hid herself from sight and Aurora carefully approached it; as she got closer, she was able to spot out the silhouette of a man sitting down and leaning against its foundation."Luca!" She quickly ran over and threw herself to his side.