Chapter 38: Always expect the unexpected

After the third period ended, Aurora ran to the academy's cafeteria to grab something to eat before meeting Luca in the archives.

She gently pushed the door open and peeked her head, "And what about... here?" She said quietly, looking around the room and checking if it was the room the searched for. Six ranks of bookshelves built to stand before each other in a row of three stood out the most but, it was the desks piled up with endless amounts of books and several other things that set out the 'cozy' environment. Those elements were her silent confirmation, so she made herself in."Son of a dragon, I swear this door keeps changing..." She loudly cursed and closed the door behind her, noticing that she was the only one there, "Luca isn't here yet... might as well begin then." she walked to the bookshelves to inspect it. A large green book caught her attention. As she pulled it out by its bump to finally kick off her search, the pleasant scent of old again filled her nostrils and her mind unwillingly wandered to a particular moment a couple of weeks back, before she was even official in the academy. That place brought her quite a few memories - she closed her eyes and touched the nape of her neck while rubbing it softly -, and she remembered like it was yesterday. It was a day much like this one, clear-blue sky, a gentle breeze, and comfortably warm. They were sorting out a couple of books and cataloging them when, for the first time, they began to close in the distance between the two. Aurora tilted her head to the side, her slender frame relaxed; his breathing against her skin seemed to still dwell even after this long. She bit her lower lip as if he was standing behind her, with his hard chest incredibly close to hers, and his cheek brushing against the side of her head. She stirred slightly, picturing how he had leaned in until his pant legs brushed her bare calves, recoiling the roughness and warmness from the fabric against her skin, and she couldn't help let out a long, ragged sigh. It was a feeling she absolutely wouldn't forget.

What finally brought her back to the present, back to her senses, was a soft whisper. "Princess, are your nape hurting? I can give you a neck massage if you want. Everyone tells me I have a good pair of hands~"

The girl almost jumped out of her skin, "Lu-Luca..!" her heart skipped a beat as she was caught by surprise."Y-You're here..!" her breathing was shallow and fast.

"Of course, I told I would help." The smile broadened, including the dimple. "So, where do we begin?"

She steadied her breathing firstly, before continuing."Well, you can start on that side and me on this one." She instructed.

"Sure thing, boss." He lifted two fingers to his temples in a half salute manner.

She rolled her eyes at him annoyingly and braced herself for the task ahead. Her gaze, along with her index finger, traced down the titles and numbers on the bumps hoping to find the ones whose content might talk about the topics she wanted. As she was scanning through the first shelf, she finally found one that spiked her interest so, she went on to grab it...

The pixie girl, Elina, popped up from inside the shelf, pushing it out; as she was so small, she had to exert a considerable force against the heaviness of book. "I'll help too!" Her voice was enthusiastic.

"Thanks, Elina." She kindly smiled at her and accepted the book. Shortly after flipping through it, she placed the book back and resumed her search.

"Hey, do you still have that book?" Luca suddenly asked.

"Yes. It's inside my suitcase, over there." She told him, not taking her eyes off the selves. Then, a rumbling sound followed by a squishy one caught her attention, making her avert her gaze from the books to look at the window.