Chapter 32: Consider this a fair warning

It happened so fast that notwithstanding such a warning, she was nearly unseated. "No way..." Upon grasping the letter from the door frame with her name on a bright red color and silently going through the written words a couple of times, the more she wondered who had sent her that mysterious message.

"What does it say?" Elina peeped from beneath the letter and dropped her head down, basically leaning her body up-side-down.

"It says, and I quote..." 

'Is life so dear, or the purpose so futile that you entirely forgot that it's easily ended? I  deeply advise you to review your cards...

... 'cause your minding in someone else's business has turned you into a gullible target and so, it'll cost you greatly soon. Be expectant. 

My eye is on you. Watch your back. 

And, just a reminder, my patience isn't limitless...

From Mr. X'

"Is it from that guy?" The pixie asked. "... I mean, from last night?"

"I can only assume..." She folded the letter back and dropped down her head onto her palms. "Ugh-- What am I going to do now? This is definitely a threat..."

"Well," Elina flew around and sat on her shoulder."It does say that's a 'fair warning'. See there?" She pointed at the sequence of words at the top that seemingly constituted as a title.

"You can't be serious, Elina..." Aurora glared at her for a moment, and then her gaze slowly softened. "I'm in big trouble, am I not?"

Elina shrugged her shoulders in a familiar attitude of annoyance.

"What a big help you are..." She rubbed her forehead and ran her fingers through the bangs of her hair.

"Hey, you know already what to do! What do you need me for?"

"Yeah, I know... I was just trying to get some reassurance..."

Elina sighed and lightly patted her on the cheek. "There, there."

"Why do I feel like you're mocking me?" She narrowed her brow at her.

Elina laughed and glanced at Aurora, "Just a little bit." sticking out her tongue to her.

**

I left the dorm a little earlier today so I could decide whether or not I would go straight to Randolph's office or not. Maybe it was best if I'd show up after class, I don't want my grades to suffer because of this... I still need to graduate... Still, this is an urgent matter after all... As she thought about what happened yesterday and what to do, she ran into Elias by the stairs. "Good morning, Elias!"

"Good morning Coeur." He returned the greeting. "How are you?"

"I-I'm fine," For the moment,  It was better to lie than to say all the things she got on her mind."How's Luca by the way?" She quickly exchanged the subject.