Chapter 13 (1/3): Fair Maiden

Later that day.

"So, what's this? A box hidden in the bottom of your closet?" Louise crouched down and lift the box, approaching it to her ear and shaking whatever was inside a bit; quiet."Hm... What's inside?" Curiosity got the better of her.

"It's a gift," Aurora said, laying down on her back, arms raised in the air and legs spread onto the headboard of the bed; the mani and pedicure were still drying.

"From who?" She sat down on her own bed and vibrantly checked the box for cards."Who the hell gives a gift and doesn't sign it?"

"Well, if the person gives to you personally, it isn't really required." 

"Just spill it already!" Louise yelled pleadingly.

"Okay, okay... Don't be so worked up, I'll tell you!" Aurora rolled her eyes at Louise and made herself turn in bed."Well, if you want to know that bad, it was a gift from headmaster himself."

"WHAT?" Louise shouted so loud that Aurora shrank in response."What you mean it's a gift from him?! From Headmaster himself?! W-Wha... AHHHHHH, are you guys sleeping together?!" She managed to lower her voice a bit but, that didn't mean that half of the residents haven't heard it already.

Aurora instantly jumped out of her bed and onto hers."Shh-- Don't be so loud, someone might hear you..."  She tried to shush her but to no avail, she was too scandalous to begin with."It was sort of a gift for succeeding in the trial. And, no!! We are not!"

"T-T-Twen wmy??" Her voice came out muffled by Aurora's hand.

"Well, I don't know for sure..." She spaced out briefly for a moment, thinking about that more thoroughly."I haven't given it that much thought... It was a gift, simple as that. He was just being thoughtful, I guess." and, an innocent smile molded her expression."Also, he said I should wear it tonight...and, I'm positively sure he said that he would like to see me wearing it." There was a long pause before she resumed talking."Somehow, I do hope he likes how it looks on me."

"Mhwa?!" 

"Hey, Louise? I was wondering... Do you think he's going to be there? " She asked mindlessly of her friend's thoughts might be on the matter."I heard some rumors from the girls back the other day so, I was thinking if he would really show up tonight.

And then, when she could no longer hold it in, she pushed away Aurora's hand from her mouth and snapped at her friend."Are YOU fricking listening to YOURSELF?!"

"Hm?"

"That's oddly suspicious coming from a-- Aurora?" She grabbed her chin and forced her to turn her gaze at her. Louise's face was all about seriousness but then, it shifted with an unexpected realization."No way!"

"W-What?" She blinked consecutively, returning to reality. 

"You like him!" Her mouth gaped open.

"N-N-No!"

"Oh my God, you do! It's written all over your face!" She pointed out the obvious.

"D-Don't be ridiculous! T-That's just absurd!" Aurora immediately brushed off her hand and averted her gaze, focusing on anything else in the room beyond that conversation.