Chapter 17: I'm really happy I met you, I hope you know that.

Tossing the curtains wide open, she felt the gentle morning sun beat down on her skin.

"Clear skies! It's a really beautiful weather today!" Aurora exclaimed, opening the door to the balcony and rushing over the railing at the edge. She closed her eyes and breathed off the crisp, fresh in quietly, allowing it to sink in and give her an energy boost.

"Hey, Aurora?"

Amelia's voice startled her; she almost jumped out of the railing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," she said, tip-toeing her lips."After what happened last night... I just meant to check up on you."

"I-It's okay, Amelia" and, quickly brushed it off. "I'm fine, and you don't have to worry--" She looked up at her with a smile. A forced, phony smile. Anyone watching wouldn't know any better and assume that everything was the same as always.

"But I do," Amelia grabbed the fluffy blanket which was chaoticly folded on top of the round pouf by the end of her bed and covered herself with it. She stepped outside and went to stand beside her by the edge. The smile she wore slowly faded and her expression became thoughtful."It's a beautiful weather, indeed. I anticipate it will be a good day."

Aurora didn't say anything and, just kept staring at the distance. From that very spot on, every main building of the school, as well as the ocean isolating Gedonelune's Island from the rest of the world, came into sight. Additionally, the Botanical Garden, the Greenhouse, and the Queen of Hearts Labyrinth stood delightfully lit by the sun's first rays of the day. How strange, how extraordinary, how joyful it seemed, that gorgeous land, full of magic, life, and the mystery itself. Everything was as it should be, she had been recently accepted to the most prestigious school and had the awesomeness friends. It was a really emotional time, she felt like she could take on the world in her shoulders. And, why was that tho? Well, if you could see a way it might be possible, then it must be possible. She bit her lower lip and then, a slow smile worked its way across her face. Why standing there all day watching the world go by when she could take the matters into her own hands and be responsible for her happiness, once in her life? Everyone deserved a chance at happiness. All it took was a leap of faith."Amelia, thank you!" She leaned forward to give her a quick hug.

Amelia awkwardly returned her hug, "What's all this for?" and asked.

"For helping me realize three fundamental truths at the exact same time!" Full of energy, she swung the door to her closet open and pulled out a casual button one-piece dress. With tantivy, she stripped off of her nightgown and jumped into the day-clothes of choosing. Sticking her arms through the three-quarter sleeves, she shrugged into it, struggling to zip it up in the back."Zip me please."

Amelia rushed over and helped her finish the zipper's course.

"Thanks." Aurora caught her hair in a messy bun and grabbed a stripped hairband from her nightstand. 

"Aurora?" She called out."Where are you going?"

Already by the door frame, she skipped a step putting on her navy-blue high boots before answering and sprinted away."Stop being sorry for myself and just do something about it!"

Smiling, she waved at her friend, seeing her out."I'm glad I could help. The best of luck, dear Aurora."

Louise rubbed her eyes and tilted her watch crystal stand around in her direction until the light reflected enough to read the dial: five, fifty-five am."Why are you up so early, it's a day-off..." And, then looked at the door."Where's Aurora going?"