Chapter 54 (2/2): You want to fight, I'll bring war

One quick-thinking and determination, she slammed her elbow to the left side of his ribcage and swayed right up her foot between his legs. Pushing him back, she was able to free herself at last and run to the door. As her hand frantically reached for the doorknob, it started to slowly twist on its own volition, thus making her quickly withdraw. "W-What?"

At that moment the door opened. Aurora took a quick step back in reaction, overwhelmed with the helpless feeling given by the unfamiliar sensation of becoming a cornered rat. Glancing at the hallway, her eyes inevitably met a pair of colorless' iris. Her eyes widened in surprise at the view, immediately recognizing the creature who had just presented itself.

An elegant maiden stood confidently tall underneath the doorframe, her piercing whitish eyes bore into the girl's very soul; she held her gaze in turn, struck by the intense aura of power around her, leaving her clearly intimidated. Long, rose gold locks of hair cascaded down her shoulders and back, adorning her body beautifully like a perfect, vintage porcelain doll on an antique's store. On top of her head rested a circlet tiara made of pure steel, with a sole polished oval-shaped quartz embed to the center and small azure tears falling onto her forehead and temples from each side. Her skin was white as the early snow and her lips were of a pale and soft pink color resembling the typical immature rosebud. She was wearing a long white robe, modestly covering her body, and yet, her shoulders were the single part of her body in the open. A simple necklace, akin to the diadem on her head, filled the free space on her neck. The attire moved with her like some sort of second skin, draping her curves and swishing silently around her legs. The glass high heels tapped strongly on the wooden floor of the bedroom as the distance between the enchantress and the naive wizardess was cut short.

"Wh... Who are you?" Aurora asked hesitantly from across the bedroom; the sorceress followed the sound of the voice with her head rather than with her gaze, making the youngster frown in puzzlement. Did she not see her?

Then, she felt someone leaned in from behind her and whisper softly in her ear, "This is Nala. She was born blind, all due to the unique power that was told that she would carry upon her birth. Although, she can still see some shapes."

"H-How is that even possible?" Curiosity got the better of her and, instead of actually trying to escape the room, she stayed put and listened to what he had to say.

He chuckled softly as he pulled her closer, his index finger touched her chin, thus redirecting her head back and towards him."How are you able to do magic? How does your wand return your every command? How are animals able to talk?" He spoke those questions out loud in a rhetorical manner, not quite expecting an answer from the start."Not everything has to come with an explanation, Rory." He finally withdrew his early advances and observed her with a faint grin."What's the fun in that?"

She glanced back at the enchantress and considered her demeanor for a short moment, "What kind of power does she h--?" her words were cut short with the other female grasping her wrist and forcing her forward. She felt an intense wave of energy curse through her body, an odd ringing sound punctuated in her ears and, suddenly, the room around her morphed together, blending into a pool of sundry colors and robing her completely of her eyesight.

~

When she fluttered her eyes open again, she found herself in an endless corridor with numerous, different shaped doors scattered on the walls at varying distances from each other. What kind of place was that? Where was she? Was... she viewing herself in the mindscape? How was that even possible?

She decided to explore a bit further before taking on any rash decisions that could definitely end up badly for her. The girl wandered pointlessly down the hallway but nonetheless, she couldn't help get curious about what each of them harbored inside."Let me try this door..." Her mind picked a white adorned with beautiful gold engravings to open. At last, she reached out for the gold doorknob, prying it open cautiously. Its hinges let out a labored creak before finally open up. Just a moment later, veins of light threaded out from the other side, blinding her. When she came to, she found herself alone in a room she'd never seen before.