Chapter 9: Trouble in Paradise

Soon after that meeting ended, she resumed her classes' schedule.

Aurora narrowed her activity to laying down her head on the table; her face took on a stony expression as she gazed fixedly to her fingers quietly hitting the table's surface. It was funny how the mind worked, how the different moods were as they came and went away. But, no one truly knew how the human mind function to create such swings and, why they have so much power over how you live your daily life. Scientists were putting their best efforts tho, reaching little to nowhere. The science of the mind was complex since there aren't two minds alike; the possibility to be deeply molded by context and personality elements was significant. That said, for the time being, it was required a lot of endurance from both researchers and people who had to learn to deal with it every day. You either control your mind or it controls you, they say. Aurora sighed, feeling the accuracy of her earlier statement as she took a brief glance at the professor.

Loran Merkulova, a very handsome young professor with long grey hair down to his shoulders, sweet chocolate-colored eyes, and soft features, was lecturing Aurora's last class of the day, Magic Potion Pharmaceuticals. 

From the furthest seat, she stared, watching his lips moving in slow-motion, silent words leaving them to merely linger in the air. Thank goodness it was a subject that she could memorize later when she returned to her room 'cause, she was not hearing a thing he was saying. 

The man continued to walk in front of the blackboard while occasionally scribbling on it and addressing the class.

According to some gossip around, every girl that attended Gedonelune Academy was head over heels for him and the boys pretty much respected the guy, looking up at him as some kind of an idol. And, she was able to see why. He was the totally opposite of Professor Schuyler and yet, resembling Headmaster Randolph very much, despite him being the introverted, quiet type. 

The professor called out to one of his students and handed him some sheets for him to dole out to the rest of the class. Everyone waited anxiously at their desks and, Aurora remained absent despite being physically present.

She knew It was rude to judged someone by only its cover without truly knowing them but, she couldn't help but to analyze them and trace their persona, it was an interesting kind of 'magic'. So, Aurora tilted her head to the side, supporting it's weight on her left arm and continued with her short observation. Somehow, he managed to always have a sweet, gentle smile on his lips. The man was genuinely kind and caring towards his students, and often would show interest and concern for them. He was very dependable and also very good with potions and medicine magic. He would even tend for the sick and injured in the school infirmary. In short, the most thoughtful professor in the academy. 

"Au-... -ro-... Aur-... Aurora!"  The voice startled her and she jumped in her seat, almost knocking her chair over behind her. 

Aurora looked up; she immediately recognized him."Elias," She murmured a quiet gasp of fright and deeply exhaled."You scared me..."

"Then, you shouldn't just space out like that," He said coldly."Here."

"What's this?" She asked confused while accepting the paper and taking it from his hand.

"A test."

"WHAT?!" Her voice came in a high whistle as the unexpected news was broken to her. 

Each student turned their heads to the back of the room; curious looks washed upon her and Elias. The teacher did as well."Is everything okay back there?"