Chapter 19

1 year later

It's the wedding day of Mari and Mia and the ceremony is being held at their house. After bringing in the Targets and explaining the situation to my Chief, it took a lot of time before the situation got better.

The department thought that my team was compromised and that we had spent too much time in our undercover roles. They thought we were crazy to suggest the action of diving deeper into the ladies' cases.

It became a situation where the whole department was against us. We didn't have a lot of options, but we couldn't go back on our word to the ladies. I couldn't hurt Amy again so while the Targets were being questioned, we took it upon ourselves to sneak Van into the compound and leave the snooping to her.

It might've been illegal, but she was good at what she did. It took a couple days but eventually she was able to find Nicole's files.

All along Nicole thought that no one from her hometown came to her defense but in the file, it stated that one person did. The police just didn't look deeper into it and since she didn't have a lawyer, her case was as good as done.

Van tracked down the lady and explained Nicole's current situation. With a little bribing and convincing that she would be protected, she agreed to testify as a witness for Nicole.

As for the other ladies it wasn't until they explained how they took down Steve and helped us that the Chief actually started considering lowering their sentence.

He agreed to lower their sentence if they studied a course and did well while maintaining good behavior throughout their time locked up.

For Amy, she had to return the money that she stole. She explained that she gave Steve some of it and spent the rest on the cabana and her father's burial ground. The Chief looked into her background and instructed me to contact the bank where her father died. He spoke with the bank's manager and came up with a settlement to clear Amy's debt.

The bank had a loan in place for family members affected by workers who got hurt on the job, but they never got the chance to reach out to the Adams' family after the death of Mark Adams. With the stolen money taken care of, Amy was also given the same provisions as the other Targets.

Everyone agreed to it and here we are one year later.

As I look at the wedding alter and see my best friends tying the knot, I can't help but to think of Amy and me. We hadn't seen each other for more than a few seconds after the helicopter ride.

Sitting beside me she was wearing a slim cut pants suit with her hair down. She looked beautiful. Reaching for her hand, I held onto it so she wouldn't disappear after the wedding.

She turned her head to say something, but we were distracted by the officiator's voice, "And do you Mari Lewis take Mia Gonzalez to be your lawfully wedded wife, to hold and to cherish, through the good time and bad times?"

"I do," Mari answered staring into Mia's eyes. Mia stated the same when it was her turn. When they kissed we all got up and cheered. As they departed from the aisle, we tossed flower petals in the air.

After they went to change for the dinner ceremony, I pulled Amy aside and brought her into a secluded room.

"What do you want?", she asked, pulling her hand away.

I reached for her waist and pulled her closer to me.

"I want you Amy", I stated.

She was silent. I expected her to smirk or give me a smart comment like she usually does, but the silence was killing me. Afraid that I had waited too long and hurt her too much, I pulled away and began to open the door to exit the room.

Before I could open it, she turned me around and pushed me against the door kissing me roughly. I held onto her neck and kissed her back until the kiss became slower and passionate.

Before we went any further, we needed to talk so gently, I pushed her chest away. I kissed her closed eyelids, noise and cheeks and she smiled. Taking her hands, we walked over to a couch and sat down.

"Amy, I'm so sorry for all the lies and I know that there's nothing I could do to take it away, but I promise that if you give me the chance, I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you," I stated.

"Sarah I've already forgiven you", she said smiling. "Van told me how hard you worked to keep your word to everyone. You've apologized a million times already so as long as you promise not to hurt or tease me again, we can get back to what we were doing before", she stated reaching for my chin and kissing me again.

"Ok. Not that I don't love what we were doing before, but I want us to wait before going any further. Let's take it slow and really get to know each other. No lies or judgement. Just the two of us talking and finding out more about each other", I suggested realizing that we had a lot of things to work on if this relationship was going to become healthy and fruitful, especially since Amy was on house arrest because she had escaped from prison her first time when messing with the law.

"Fine but does that mean that I don't get to do this?", she asked as she proceeded to lay soft kisses along my neck.

I moaned as she found my sweet spot. Holding her head there, I gave her the time to do what she wanted. "Not at all. You can touch me as much as you want and I'll do the same", I said as I reached under her blazer and traced her abs.

She quivered and we both lay there on the couch caressing each other's bodies. We had to cut it short because it was still the night of our friends' wedding.

Shortly after, we left the room and got out on the dance floor. As soon as we reached, I saw everyone.

"Where were you guys?", they all asked.

I saw a glint in Sheila's eyes. She knew exactly what we had been up to.

After they served their time, both her and Mary opened up a seduction company and they had their own line of lingerie.

Nicole and Dasia were still goofy as ever and they were the best of friends. I was surprised that they didn't bring dates for tonight.

"We were getting the wedding gifts", answered Amy.

"Oh yeah, if you were getting the gifts, then what's that on Sarah's neck? Did she get bitten while trying to find it?", Sheila asked laughing as everyone joined in.

I was bright red and Amy smacked her in the head. "Shut up, Sheila!", she remarked.

This was just the beginning but throughout everything I couldn't ask for a better group of friends.

I can't wait to see where things go with Amy and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on her from now on.

I can't have her becoming anyone else's Target because she's mine.

THE END