17

Jane pov...

I know that Korsak, Frankie, Frost and Maura all go back to work today, they had been given time off after the latest Hoyt incident. I send Cavanaugh a message asking him to come see me before work as I know he should find out the news from me first.

We greet each other when he comes in to my room. He asks "how are you going Jane?"
I smile and say "dealing with it"
He nods and asks "why did I need to come in before work?"
I say "I thought it would be best to hear it from you but I won't for a longer period of time. I have a cancerous brain tumour that needs surgery and then chemo and radiation to help"
I can tell he is shocked, he says "I'm sorry Rizzoli, I am here if you need anything and don't worry about work you come back when you are ready. Korsak and Frost can keep you in the loop with cases if you want to help to have something else to do"
I nod and say "thank you sir"
He nods and says "you're welcome, I will inform those in the higher ranks of BPD of your situation"
We talk for a little bit more before he leaves to go to work.

A doctor comes in and says "hello Jane, I am Dr. Rorish. I will be one of your doctors for your stay here. A space has opened up with the neurosurgeons and your surgery had been booked in for tomorrow, Dr. Pearson will be in later to talk to you about the risks and go over some final details. We will put you on an IV tonight as you have to be nil by mouth from 2am which means no food or drink after that time. I am here to check your vitals and a few things for the day.

I spend most of the day watching old Red Sox games and movies. Dr. Pearson came in and talked into to me about the surgery and signing some forms. We go over the risks and what happens after.

Maura sends me a message that they have got a new case and Frankie is working permanently on the team until I come back. They will give me details when they have them but it is too early in the case for that.

Riley comes to see me, she had brought some snacks and some puzzle books so I have something to do. I tell her about my situation and what it means. I can tell she is shocked and it's hard for her as we have really only just started being friends again and now there is all this to deal with, she says "I will be here to support you as a friend, with anything you need"
I smile and say "thank you"
We talk more on the tumour and what happens tomorrow, then we change topic and she talks about her day at work and other things she had been up to.