Chapter Dos

Shayne's POV

It was a normal day, I guess, as much as normal gets when you work at Smosh. We were going to be filming 'Bob Ross Beat Down', whatever the fuck that is, tomorrow, so our schedule was free. That meant literally do whatever you want but pretend to be doing work when Ian walks in. Olivia was texting Sam all day, and it was so funny to watch her record voicemails or videos for him cause she's a fricking lunatic. Like one video was just her saying the word 'horny', and I was loosing it. Noah and Keith argued all day about nothing and everything, and occasionally I heard slaps so I assumed they were playfighting like pre-schoolers again. I hadn't seen Courtney in like half an hour, so I decided to look for her. I heard her phone so I wandered round the corner and almost stumbled into Court's TikTok. Luckily I stopped myself, but when I listened to what the lyrics were, I literally almost collapsed out of laughter.

'Can't take big dick when I suck on it...'

Just that one line had me in stitches, and my face was bright red. But I stayed quiet, somehow, letting her finish her video. She's a really good dancer and- WOAH! Did Courtney just throw it back? Damn, she looks good. Like wow, I've never noticed this but Courtney is really pretty, more than that. Wait. Shayne, no. You can NOT think about Court like that. She is your BEST friend. Nothing less, and certainly nothing more.

I was lost in my thoughts when Courtney yelled in my face.

"HeEEeEeyYYy...hoo hoo!"

"Jeez Court, calm down, what's up?" I said, immediately snapping out of my embarrassing thoughts.

"Mister Topp...Were you laughing at me dancing?" she questioned, putting on an interrogation voice.

"No, you're a great dancer dumbass, I was laughing at the lyrics, like where the hell did you find that sound?" I laughed, and she laughed too.

"Ya know, when it's late at night, like literally 12.00 am, and I can't sleep, I find myself scrolling through the dark sides of TikTok, with the Renegade, Cannibal and many other dances that are way too sexualised. Like kids that are 16 or 17 are dancing to these and they're way too good at it!" Courtney explained, grabbing her phone and walking around the corner.

"I know, I've seen 12 or 13 year olds doing these dances and it kinda scary to think that they're dancing like 20 year olds and posting it to the entire world, there's pervs out there!" I say, following her and taking a seat on the couch.

"Pervs like you, or...?" she giggled, sitting next to me.

"I am no perv Ms. Miller," I say, in a terrible posh British accent.

"Oh god, you're British accent gets worse every day," Court sighed, rolling her eyes at me.

"Na ah take that back!" I reply, faking a sad expression.

"It's true, you sound like a tortoise that just ate some bad weed, instead of smoking it!" she laughed, preparing to run.

"That's it!" I yelled, jumping up as she sprinted away.

"And they're at it again," I heard Tommy say, physically hearing the eye roll in his words. I chased her all around the office. Eventually, I caught up to her. She thought I was gone and let her guard down. I bounded up behind her, wrapped my arms around her waist and lifted her up. She screamed and kicked and laughed as I tickled her neck, still holding her in one arm slowly making my way back to the squad room. Once we were there, I dropped her on the couch and flopped down myself. We sat there catching our breath, Courtney leaning her head on my shoulder and still laughing.

"This is why I don't need to work out, cause we have the mental age of toddlers..." Courtney smirked, looking up from where she was sat.

"So why do I go to the gym? Ah, yes to make up for the fact that I'll never be six foot!" I smiled, looking down at her. We laughed for what felt like forever (actually it was two hours) before she left to go get the squad some lunch, Olivia accompanying her. I wandered over to sit with Keith and Noah, who were apparently not fighting anymore cos Noah spilled hot sauce on Keith's jeans, somehow.