Chapter Cuatro

Courtney's POV

Today is competition two, and I'm super hyped! I don't even know what we're doing but I'm working at my dream job with dream friends, so I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe I could. Yesterday, Shayne seemed to get upset that Noah and everyone else keep on bringing up 'Shourtney'. We were talking about it and I said that we're friends. And for some reason, I felt a pang of hurt when I said that word...friends. I think Shayne felt it too, I could see it in his eyes. But I just pushed it to the back of mind, he seemed to as well. I walked into work with a spring in my step and sat down on the couch, happily humming.

"You're in a good mood, did someone get lucky?" Shayne grinned, sliding into the seat next to me.

"Eww, gross. And no, I'm just lucky to work here and have amazing people by my side," I laughed, booping his nose, to which he playfully swatted my hand away.

"Barf, you don't have to be so cheeeessyyyy!" he smiled, booping me back.

"Yes I do!"

"No you don't!"

"Yes I dooooo!"

"Nuh uh y-" Shayne was cut off by a pillow being launched at his face. We both turned to look at Keith holding another pillow, ready to strike.

"Y'all don't have to be so childish all the time! And did you not hear Ryan, get in here. Now!" Keith said, stepping back into the room we'd be filming in. Shayne and I looked at each other, shrugged and then walked over to the room Keith was in. It was the room we filmed most of our Smosh Games videos in. Noah, Keith and Olivia were over to one side, so Shayne and I went to join them. The Smosh Games team were on the other side, our four judges and kinda refs in the middle. On the table in front of us was 10 blue slushies and two microphones. I saw Shayne's face drop as we both realise what was gonna happen. Ryan called for silence and then we started filming.

"THE SMOSHLYMPICS!" we all yelled.

"Welcome back, dear viewers, to another dumb idea!" Ian smiled.

"Courtesy of me, Tommy Bowe," Tommy said, taking a step forward and bowing.

"So, here in front of us are 10 slushies, Slurpee's if you're nasty, and two mics," Sarah said, gesturing to the table," and I bet you're thinking, what the fuck! Well, today our teams with be doing...Slurpee Singing Sadness!"

"One v one karaoke whilst you drink ice cold frozen water, and you have to finish your cup before you finish the song!" Matt explained.

"First up, Mari v Olivia!" Tommy announced.

It. Was. Hilarious. Olivia could barely finish a sip of her slushy, whereas Mari downed the whole thing halfway through the song, so she won. Noah won against Joven, making the scores even. But, it went downhill from there. Damien won against Shayne, Lasercorn won against Keith somehow and Wes won against me.

"So, the scores are tied up, with three more competitions to go." Sarah said.

"Three competitions that will remain unnamed! Don't forget to punch that bell on your way out, maybe leave a likey like as well, and we'll see you guys next time!" Ian finished, waving goodbye.

"My brain hurtsssss!" I complained, stumbling out of the room holding my head.

"Keep your loud mouth down Courtney, some of us are dealing with brain freeze right now," Shayne sighed, following me to the couch.

"Stop your whining, I'm heading to get coffee, my body needs warmth, anyone coming?" Noah asked, looking between the squad.

"I will," Olivia smiled, walking over to Noah.