Chapter 2

Hakeem's POV

I know i wasn't driving carefully but this is Lagos, every driver is mad. I was trying to manoeuvre my car, my beautiful BMW latest model, black in and out with a leather interior, between two cars when my phone rings.

Allah, help me, i know it must be Ruth again. Why is she stressing me this much, i already promised to send her documents to her this morning.

She should just give me a breathing space, if it was this important then why did she forget it at my place? I know she's just trying to have something to lengthen our relationship but i know I am done with her.

I know she's pretty, they are all pretty, she's young and she sure knows her way in the bedroom, sadly samething can't be said about her skills in the kitchen.

She nearly burnt my house the first and last time she tried cooking for me and it was just some instant noodles. Like who does that? But that is not a problem to me, i don't expect a woman to cook for me, like thats what maids are for right?

But the real problem now is that I'm tired of her already. The lust and attraction is all dead, well i guess she still lasted longer than the rest, since our fling lasted for three weeks but i can't wait to be rid of her.

I know people sees me as a playboy but I'm not. I just dont believein raising their hopes when i know its all gonna end anyway.

Being a PhD holder at age thirty, a CEO of a promising company, from a rich background, i tend to be very suspicious of everyone, especially the girls.

They all have an ulterior motive, so i let them know what's its gonna be straight up. Most of them just come for the fun and what i can afford to buy for them.

Or just for the connection of my parents that are known politicians in the country

I don't mind though, so far they know its nothing serious.

But Ruth is becoming a pain in the ass and its really getting tiring and annoying

A sudden sound brings me out of my thought,it was my phone ringing for the fifth time in a space of 3 minutes.... Yah Allah, save me from this girl!!!!

I groaned out loud, picked the call and connected it to my car's bluetooth speaker, i heard her voice and all i felt was irritation

" Hello Baby, are you at the park yet? I need that stuff very early tomorrow morning"

I wanted to shout at her but i know it was useless, so i answered her through gritted teeth " I'm on my way, Ruth, you know how lagos traffic can be".

She said " Okay, call me when youget to the park" and she hung up. We both know she wouldn't waitfor me to call her, she's gonna call back in the next five minutes.

In less than ten minutes i got to the park, parked my car and paid a street urchin, or " Agbero" as we call it here to help me watch my car.
You can't be too careful, someone might scratch your car while you're away.

I went to the driver of the bus heading to her school in some western part of Nigeria, i was about discussing the waybill with the driver when i felt a sudden vibration in my pocket.

A message, i opened it and i saw Ruth's ID, okay this must be important cos sge hardly messages me.
The message read " Hakeem darling, could you try send the parcel through a student, it's way easier to get. Luv u baby" .

Fuck! The ' luv' word really got me irritated. I hardly use the F word only if I'm really pissed.

I apologised to the driver for wasting his time and went near the bus, they were passengers on the bus, about ten of them i guess. I went closer to the windows and started peeping in form row to row, but my mind just told me to continue going.