Chapter 9

Belle's P.O.V

It has to be me hallucinating, it can't be.....
Then i heard the voice i can never mistake for another

" Belle?..." He said in that deep rich voice of his.

I turned around, ready to walk out, there's no way i was going to work with that man.

How come He's the CEO?I know he once told me he has a company but i never got to ask.

To say i was shocked is an understatement. I decided to walk out and try my luck elsewhere. No way am i working with that man

I was at the door, my hands on the doorknob when i heard his voice again, i can't stop the shiver that went through me

"Belle, it really is you!" He said sounding almost like disbelief.

I was pissed now, so i said to him in a voice soo hard and dripping with bitterness
" Well, I guess you wish i was dead, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but i am still very much alive. Do have a good day Mr CEO, i hope the world sees you for who you really are, A BEAST." With that said, i know i already spent all my anger on him, i should say more but looking at him is messing with my senses.

He looks just as handsome as before, it wasn't like 3years already passed. My brain knows he's an arrogant bastard but my heart is yearning to hug him and tell him how much i missed him. How much i wished he would try harder to find me all these years.

I shook my head, trying to clear my head and shut my emotions, this man almost raped me. I would never forgive him for that.

I turned on my heels and walked out. I was soo done with him.

I got on the elevator, pressed the button of the last floor. I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that i didn't notice the elevator already stopped and opened and people were waiting for me to get out so they can get in.

I felt embarrassed, i said my 'sorry' and walked out with my head down. I looked at the receptionist she seemed busy, thank God, i don't have to pretend it all went well. I hastened my footsteps and walked out the building
I flagged the first taxi i saw down and gave him my address, it was just a 10minutes drive.

I got home in no time, difference in Lagos and Abuja, no traffic. I opened the door and went straight to my room, Ify is yet to be back from work. It was still noon. I got in bed, barely removing my shoes before the tears started rolling down my cheeks.

I didn't even realise i had been holding the tears, i wept for the unfairness of life, i wept because he had to see me again in a vulnerable state. And most importantly, i wept for the missed opportunity, that job could actually change my story totally but now i had to let it go.

I hate Hakeem.

I made up my mind to let go of the past and move on. I couldn't bare holding unto the past, it is time to move on. I had lost so many things because of this incident, but i had had enough. I was ready to forgive and forget but the first step to healing is telling somebody. So i promised myself to tell Ify once she got back.

With that thought in mind, i got out of bed, changed to my comfort clothes and went to find food in the kitchen.

I must have slept off on the couch while watching a movie on my phone. I woke up to see Ify's eyes peering down on my face, i smiled and rubbed my eyes. She sat beside me with a questioning look on her face. I know she wants to know why i came home early and the result of the interview.

I sat up and picked my phone on the floor which must have fell off when i fell asleep. I checked the time, sure enough it was already evening, i must have been so tired than i thought because i slept for like four hours. I got up and went to the kitchen to get water. After drinking the water, i went back to the living room to meet Ify still sitting in the exact spot i left her.