Chapter 23

Belle's P.O.V

I know what i did irrespective of my reason is wrong but I couldn't bear it if Hakeem rejected my son. I know i should have told him and let him make the decision but i had my selfish reason too, I wanted all of Hakeem or none of Him. I didn't want him to be my baby daddy alone, I want him to be mine.

"Belle....Belle? Are you okay?" Hakeem said gently tapping my hand.

"I'm o..kay..I just need a minute, I will explain all to you" I replied.
Funny how my mum and brother have suddenly disappeared from the living room.

"Take all the time you need, I am not in a hurry" Hakeem said again as he sat back in the chair stretching his long legs forward. That simple action made me miss him the more.

I stood up to get water, after drinking I knew i had to tell him someday so i prepared myself and started talking

"Hakeem, you are the father of my unborn son. I know i should have told you and it is selfish of me for not telling you, for that I am sorry. You have the right to be a part of your son's life but listen to me I will not give up my son. I will fight for him till I die..." I said in a rush, my breathing now heavy as i felt all the emotions in the world at once, anger, sadness, love and many more i can't name.

"Belle, sweet Belle, My Belle, we are in this together now. I can't have a child outside wedlock so you will marry me and move in with me in Abuja." Hakeem said with a big grin plastered on his face.

Imagine the audacity! Commanding me to marry you?...you must be a fool to think i would marry you only to be hurt over again.

"I WILL NOT marry you" I said seething with anger

"Why? I thought...."

"You thought what? Tell me exactly what  you thought? That i will fall at your feet and praise you for proposing marriage? Or you thought i was still the same naive, stupid Belle that falls for every word that comes out of your mouth?" I was mad at him now, so i stood up and started pacing the kitchen.

Hakeem was stunned, almost sad. Well maybe his ego had been injured but I'm sure he wasn't sad because i denied his proposal.

"I, Belle, refuse to marry a man as egotistical, arrogant and rude as you. I would rather remain a single mother forever!! Lock the door after you when you leave, i will inform you when i put to bed, just please, Get Out!" I stormed out of the kitchen and headed to my room. I could hear my mum whispering something to him but i couldn't care less.

I entered my room, slammed the door shut and sat on my bed and cried into my pillow.
Why can't i stop loving this man? Why is He like this? Why can't He just let me go? I had just started learning to live again, to laugh again and he came and ruined it all

These thoughts and more kept tormenting me as more tears flowed from my eyes.

Hakeem's P.O.V

I sat in the kitchen as i watched Belle walk out on me, again, i had lost her again and i know this is the final time. I placed my head on the island feeling dejected. I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, i raised my head up to find Belle's mum looking at me with pity.

She held my hands and spoke to me gently " Hakeem, you are a nice man and i know you love my daughter and she loves you too. You both just don't know how to communicate, you are both scared, you want love without the risk. Love is beautiful we all know but not all knows love can be trying, true love is never easy. So i want you to walk in there and bare your heart out, do not overthink it just say it directly from the heart, Love language is the language of the heart" she finished.

"How? I do not know what to say? What if i bare my heart and she still rejects me?" I said pain lacing my voice.

"That is love for you, nothing is assured but it will be better to bare your heart and get rejected than to live your life with regrets, with the 'what if's, now man up and go talk to your woman" Belle's mother said and promptly left the kitchen.

Now i know i can't afford to screw this up, i said a silent prayer as i went to find Belle's room.

As i walked to her room, i stopped by the door i could feel my heart pounding in my chest, it felt like it would pop out. I had to relax and take control. I stood for a few minutes counting 1 to 10 silently before making the next move.

I gently knocked on her door, no reply, i knocked again this time louder than the first then i heard her voice, muffled but i could hear she was crying "Go away!"

"Belle, please let me talk to you, please i beg you listen to me. Do not send me away without hearing me out, I am sorry for hurting you, i did not know better. Please Belle.." I said with all sincerity.

The door opened and i saw Belle, my Belle, her eyes are red and are cheeks puffy, she must have been crying. Something in me wanted to pull her closer to comfort her, i wanted to tell her it is all gonna be okay but i knew i had to hold it in for now. I didn't want to scare her off.

I walked in tentatively and stood by the wall, she walked past me and shut the door behind her. She sat on the bed and gave me a look that said i can talk but in her eyes i see the hurt and it kills me knowing i put it there.

"Belle, please forgive me for hurting you, please forgive me for making you go through so much pain. I was a fool, I was scared of my own feelings, i felt if i let you in you will hurt me so i shut you out. I shut the woman i loved more than life itself out of my life just because i was scared of the unknown. But Belle i now know better, now i know love cannot be worked out, love isn't perfect, its beauty is in its imperfection. Now i know i would rather love you and live with uncertainty of life than live without you in my life. Belle i love you, i loved you from the beginning, i love you now and always..." I said

"Hakeem..." Belle said

" I know you might not love me anymore but please do not turn me down, you can learn to love me again, i promise to do my all to make you happy always, please Belle just say you will be mine." I said now practically begging and i know i would do more to make Belle mine once again.

"Hakeem, I love you too" Belle said tears slipping from her eyes. I couldn't beleive my ears, Belle still loved me, even after all I did.

I went to kneel in front of her and hugged her closely, she hugged me too, in her love i felt comfort, love and the promise of a better tomorrow and i knew i was finally home. I was still hugging when i felt something kick at my groin, i looked down suddenly and back at Belle who was laughing now. And she said in a sweet voice "That's your son welcoming you home"

At that moment i cried tears of joy and i bent to kiss her bump and trust my son, he kicked my mouth again.

"I think He's going to be a footballer" i said as we both laughed.

I hugged her again, i can't believe this is all real, Belle is mine, she loves me and I have a son that i will cherish and love also. I looked into Belle's eyes, kissed her on the forehead and whispered in her ears "I am YOURS"

Guys!!!I'm so sorry for leaving you hanging like that, here is another episode, i hope y'all enjoy it.
Please remember to vote, comment and follow.
Luv y'all
😘😍🤗