Chapter 10

Hakeem's P.O.V

The company's headquarter was done and business had resumed. We already employed more staff but I'm yet to employ a personal secretary. I'm to blame for that though because i was yet to create time to screen them.

I was driving to office when i heard my phone ring, i checked the caller, it was Zubby, my friend. I met him at the gym here in Abuja, he's a cool guy from Southern part of Nigeria. He works with the ministry of foreign affairs in the country. All in all he's well to-do and can stand his ground among his peers.

I ended the call, i would have to call him back. Today is the screening day, i had to employ a secretary soon, my receptionist is trying her best to juggle both duties but the workload is just too much on her.

I parked in my reserved space amd got out, i walked into the building, my building, years of hard work had finally paid off. I walked to the receptionist table, as soon as she saw me she shot to her feet and greeted me with bowed head.

I asked her my schedules for the day, she told me i had two applicants to interview and three important meetings. I went to the elevator, i met few staff waiting for the elevator, immediately they saw me they greeted me and made way for me to get on once the elevator opened. No one went in with me, i was not a wicked boss but i always kept my distance with them. I don't want to encourage any form of unprofessional acts in my company.

I was soon on the first floor, i walked into my office and got busy with few files i had from yesterday. I was deep within my work when my office line rang, it was my receptionist. I picked it and she informed me the applicants were on ground. I told her to give me 30 minutes more before she come to my office.

I heard her soft knock after 30 minutes, very timely, she brought in the two applicants file with her. She told me they would come in according to their score in the interview and tests in ascending order. I wasn't really interested in the scores, i know what i want in a secretary. The first is professionalism, i do not want someone that would see this work as an avenue to get me into a relationship. I do not mix pleasure with work.

She called in the first applicant. She looked formal enough, her CV was impressive but she kept on looking at me in a seductive manner. She even pretended to drop a pen on her way out just so she could bend over to get it.

This is sooo 90's. Ugh!!!

All the same i smiled at her and told her i would get back to her. Ofcourse i would never get back to her.

The next applicant came in, i was busy replying an e-mail so i didn't look up as she came in.

I looked up and i froze. My eyes had to be deceiving me...it can't be.

Then i heard her melodic voice but filled with shock and disbelief.
"HAKEEM"

"Belle?..." it was all i could say, i still couldn't believe my eyes.

She was just as stunning but better than before. Her hips now appear more rounded and her waist very small i could wrap my palms around it. She was wearing a body-fitting grey skirt and a white button-up shirt. With a high heeled shoes, making her leg have the illusion of not ending. I felt my body react immediately

Yah Allah, this girl will be my undoing. But what is she doing here?

She turned and was soon walking out on me, i felt disappointment, what was i expecting, a hug and kiss, i didn't really act like i deserve such the last time we were together.

She was already resting her hand on the doorknob ready to bolt when i spoke up

"Belle, it really is you!" even to my ears my voice sounded more like disbelief . Its not my fault, it was hard to believe, i haven't seen or heard from her in like three years now.