Chapter 3

Belle's POV

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my roommate Jenny laughing hilariously to something she was reading online

God! Can i just sleep please?. I roll my eyes inwardly, Lord knows i do not like this girl.

All the same, i was awake already, i checked the time it was 6:30 am already. Well thanks to Jenny, I'll be going to school early today.

I do not have any classes till 10am. I sat up and grumbled a goodmorning to her never bothering to listen if she replied or not. I got off the bed, heading straight to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth, came back out for my morning prayers, old habits die hard. I never start a day without praying.

I went to the kitchen, to try make something to eat. I was in the process of breaking my eggs to fry when my phone rang.
I ran into the room to check, it was mum.  I picked it with a smile on my face

" Hello Belle, Kaaro oko mii ( meaning good morning my dear)"

" Mum, good morning ma, how was your night? And how's Jack?" I replied

" Fyn and fyn, hope you did morning devotions?" She asked with a slight rise in her voice

I know what that means, so i replied her sweetly " Mum ofcourse i did"

" Okay dear, I'll be leaving for work now, our boss wants us to come early for a morning meeting" I could hear the tiredness in her voice.

" okay mum, I promise to graduate with a good grade and get a good paying Job" i replied her

" Bye dear, mum loves you. Have a blessed day today." She said sounding a little distracted, i could hear crying in the background

I sighed inwardly, mehn! Jack is really spoilt.  So i said my goodbye and ended the call

Mum's Job is as a supervisor in a known warehouse in Lagos. She supervises the offloading and loading in the warehouse where they sell all types of food items to retailers. So stressful but atleast it puts food on our table and pays the bills.

I went back to the kitchen to continue my frying, breakfast is gonna be bread, fried eggs and hot chocolate. Yumm!!

After cooking, i brought it to the room i share with Jenny.

She decided to pay me attention then and said " Babe, you sure you're going to finish that food?"

This girl is really pushing me to the extreme. I smile sweetly at her and replied her with a simple and concise "Yes"

She returned her attention to her phone, pretending like i don't exist.  Well i really do not mind.

I finish my food in record time, it was just 8am, i still have atleast an hour to prepare before leaving for school. Good, maybe ill have spare time to apply a little make-up on my face.

I went to the bathroom, took my bath, cleaned myself with my towel. Wore my clothes in the bathroom, i hate dressing up in front of Jenny. She keeps starring at my body oddly.

After that, i went to my study table on one side of the room, brought out my make- up purse applied a little foundation on my face, did my brow, lipgloss on my lips and added mascara to my lashes. My lashes are extremely long, thanks to Dad's genes, so it looks like artificial once i add mascara.

I checked my phone screen, 8:59am, fair enough. I carry my side bag, checked to be sure my notes are in it. Out i went without even sparing Jenny a glance much more a  'good bye'