Chapter 7

Hakeem's P.O.V

I woke with a serious migraine, i checked my table clock it was just 4 in the morning.

I couldn't sleep well during the night, i kept on tossing and turning. I should have gone to her room to beg her but i knew it was of no use.

I could see the fear in her eyes and more importantly the HATE, she hated my gut, who wouldn't? I almost raped her.

I can't help replaying the events of the night before in my head. I am a beast.

But i never meant to hurt her, i didn't go to her room to do that. I only wanted to have a heart to heart talk with her.

On getting to her room, seeing her in nothing but a towel, i felt i had to hug her and things just escalated real quick.

Honestly, i didn't know what came over me, i can't even lie that I'm drunk, i wasn't even tipsy.

Maybe i was drunk of her scent, she smell like soap and flowers. I couldn't help myself, then her body, smooth and soft, i took a look at her lips and i knew i just had to kiss her or die.

I did and.....u know what happened next.
I thought she was being shy, i thought she wanted it when she moaned. She was wet for me......

Not until i heard her scream and it was like a bucket of cold water was dumped on my head. 

Then she told me she was a virgin, i couldn't beleive my ears, i know she once told me her relationship life was non-existent but i....never knew it was like that.

I felt her tight when i fingered her but i still thought it was because she hadn't been in a relationship for awhile. I never imagined her to be a virgin. I should have stopped then, I could have stopped then, but i continued, being the selfish bastard that i was.

I remember going to stand behind the door of the bathroom after she entered. I heard her cry, it was a painful and hurtful sob. I knew I already blew my chance with her, she is never going to be mine again.

I was still deep in my thoughts, lieing on my bed when i heard faint rustling at the door. I thought it was a burglar, my mind was already at alert. I stood in the shadows of my room, looking from my window.

I saw a form move out from the door head towards the gate.

It is Belle, i know she could feel my eyes on her when she suddenly stopped and turned to look straight at me. Then she turned and ran.

I didn't move a muscle, i could easily catch up to her if i wanted to. But after catching her, what would i say? Definitely not a measly sorry, i have no excuse and no reason at all to have treated her the way i did.

So i let her go.

I went to my phone, opened my bank app and sent her two hundred thousand naira. I'm not trying to win her back or buy her forgiveness, i do not expect her to forgive me. Its just my own way of saying sorry and moving on. Its an old habit that just wouldn't die.

Belle is the only girl i truly loved....wait WHAT? Good, i just found out i love her and now she's gone forever. Note the sarcasm.

I went through my morning routine and prayer, got dressed and went to work early. I needed to do something or I was going to run mad.

My day went painfully slow, my staff knew i was in a foul mood so they did their best to avoid.

I went home and went straight to bed without even bothering to eat or shower.
I was frustrated, i tried calling her, just to know if she got home safely but she already blocked me everywhere.

My routine continued like that for months, before i finally got over her.

I went back to my old life, having flings and sleeping around with any girl ready for a few hours of pleasure with no strings attached. All i owe them is pleasure and luxury.

****************

Its been three years now after that incident, i still remember it vividly and the guilt is still as strong as before.

My mum is now on my neck to get married, i understand she's getting old and I'm the only child but i need a break.

I now decidedly avoid her calls. Its not like i don't want to settle down but no girl has ever caught my attention like Belle....Belle.....i miss her.

My business is going fine, i now have branches in four other states in the country. Allah has been faithful, my branch in Abuja is now being renovated. I'm considering making it the headquarter, since I'll be moving to Abuja also.

I already had enough of the Lagos life, i need a fresh start, maybe, just maybe, Allah will give me a woman that I'll love and cherish.

The branch will be opened in a month's time, we need more staff, meaning i have to go through files of applicants, though i won't do the interview but i also have to know who my HR will employ, you can't be too careful.

I also have to make sure my new house in Gwarimpa estate is exquisitely furnished to my taste.

I decided to travel to Abuja early and have the movers bring my belongings when I'm ready.

I don't know why but i got this feeling like this is going to be the best decision of my life

I could feel it in my bone.

The following morning i woke up early, i had an early morning flight to catch to Abuja. I drove as fast as the traffic can let me to Murtala Muhammed airport 2. I was right on time, checked in and boarded my flight.

As the plane ascended to the sky, I looked out the window, looking at all those tiny and box-like houses and i can't feel sad, its like i never left anything there.

I was only eager to get to Abuja and start my new life.

I already promised myself i won't go back to my old ways, i will be celibate for as long as it takes me to find a worthy girl to be my wife. I can only hope when i see her i won't screw it, again.

My thoughts drifted off to Belle, how is she? What will she look like? Is she married now? Will she ever forgive me? Will i ever see her again? Is she still the innocent girl she used to be?

I doubt that last part because i know i already ruined her innocence. Not literally but i know i already changed her outlook towards life .

I hate myself for that.

With these thoughts in mind, I sat back and slept off. I have a long day ahead.