Chapter 15

Belle's P.O.V

What will happen now?

I woke up earlier than usual, I was resting on a pillow, it was warmer than my pillow, i could feel air slightly fanning my face.

Well that is strange.

I opened my eyes slightly and i could see a jaw near my face, with beards. I jumped up, immediately i sat up i felt sore in between my thighs.  Then the memory of last night came crashing in.

God, what did i do?

As much as i feared what could happen, i couldn't stop the smile from creeping on my face. Flashes of last night images bombarded my thoughts and i couldn't help the blush flaming my cheeks.

No wonder Ify always told me i was missing out.

I watched Hakeem in his sleep, he looked so innocent, maybe he is now. I felt my heart swell with love. I love this man, i have loved him for long and he has ruined me for any other.

I was still sitting in silence when i heard his phone beep on the bedside table. I know it was wrong to snoop but my curiosity overcame my manners.

I picked up the phone and it was a message from Aliyyah, i opened it since his phone was unlocked.

It read "hey sleepy head, remember we are to meet mum and dad today. Have a great day, remember you mean so much to me"

I carefully placed the phone back to its previous position, while trying to digest what i just read.

And that was all it took, reality came crashing in.
What did i just do? How do i face Hakeem again after this? Aliyyah, she was atleast nice and friendly to me, how would she feel if she learnt about this?.

I rushed out of his room to the guestroom, i slipped into my clothes and ran down the stairs. All the while trying to be quiet so as not to wake Hakeem.

After getting to his living room, i picked my stuffs and slipped out of the door silently and i was soon out the gate.

I remembered the first time i had to run while he was asleep, why does it always have to be like this?

I saw a lone tricycle on the road, it was already past five in the morning. I gave him my address and within twenty minutes i was already at my gate.

I went into my bathroom straight and had a long bath. I took my time to think of how i made a mess of everything.

I was already trying to move on, why did i go back?

A tear slipped down my cheeks, i  wiped it off with the back of my hand. No way was i going to cry, i would face whatever consequences to come but for now i can't go to work and pretend everything was okay.

I waited till seven before i called in sick at work, so they would arrange for someone to replace me for the day.

I was sleeping when i heard Ify come in. She was looking at me with pity, probably because of my dad's death. She hugged me and told me it was gonna be okay, that was my undoing. I cried like a baby, she kept on hugging me and patting my back.

After, i was done crying, she just sat looking at me, maybe guessing there was more to my tears. I looked up at her and i knew i had to tell her. I remember promising her no more secrets.

I took a deep breath and filled her in on the events of last night and finally this morning. Ify's eyes were growing bigger and bigger as i told her the story. Then she burst into giggles...