Chapter Eight: A Heartbreaking Realization

~Morgan's POV~
Everyone in the BAU was the station with our evidence board set up or out in the field, everyone but Moore and Reid, of course. Like my thoughts could summon people, the pair walked through the door, they were walking a bit closer than they usually do, smiling a bit brighter as well.

Hm, did pretty boy get some?

I laugh and looked back at the board as ideas of the case began swarming in my again.

"What do you have so far?" Moore asked, rubbing her hands together.

"Well, we linked all the causes of deaths to the first 10 deaths of the 28 kids they killed, all in chronological order." I noticed her shiver and close her eyes while shaking her head like she was trying to brush away a thought.

"Wow, we better get going then. Have they already assigned us spots to go to?" Reid asked while looking at the pictures of all the bodies.

"Yes, you and Moore are assigned to the dumpsite while I'm here on interrogation." Moore took an unsteady breath before giving a shaky smile.

"Let's go, Reid." She turned to Reid and he flashed a sympathetic smile, then I remembered.

The dumpsite is in her old neighborhood.

Before she could leave the station I ran after her and grab the side of her arm to stop her.

"If you need anything, the whole team is here for you, even Hotch even though sometimes it doesn't look like it." She gave a small laugh and placed her hand on my shoulder, showing me a genuine smile.

"Thank you," She ran back over to Reid who was waiting at the door and they walked to the car.

I really hope something happens between them.

~Olivia's POV~

I went into the passenger seat of the car and buckled up, but before Spencer started backing out of the parking lot he grabbed my hand.

"If you need a break from the scene for any reason, please tell me, and if you feel unsafe at any time tell me and we can deal with the situation together, okay?" I gave him a nod with a small grin, he kissed my hand before starting the cat and rolling out of our spot.

~~

We arrived at the scene in about 15 minutes and when we got there I...

smiled?

I remembered all the good pictures of my friends, of my parents, all the fun we had, and all the memories I made.

But just as suddenly the good memories came the bad ones came twice as hard, the torture, the pain, the fear.

They hurt me

He was going to hurt m-

"Olivia? You okay?" Spencer woke me out of my thoughts as I felt a tear run down the side of my face, I quickly snapped out of my mood and sat up.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, let's go." He stopped me, not letting go of my hand.

"If something's bad, please tell me." He looked at me strongly, showing me he was serious. I lightly shook my head, giving him a reassuring simper.

"It was just memories, good memories,"

I mean, it's half true.

He gave me a smile and kissed my hand again before getting out of the car.

When we walked into the backyard I saw the play set that my father had set up years ago, it was still standing strong, even after dead bodies have been hung from it. In the photos, you could see that the bodies were all set up in different positions both in and on the playset, sometimes even using nails to create exact poses.