Chapter Eleven: 18th Birthday Party

~Olivia's POV~

"Bye, Via. See you at the party."

I close the door with a big grin on my face, it's sad that I can't be all mushy with him at the party, but you gotta do whatcha gotta do. I was finished with my hair and makeup in 10 minutes due to the lack of the cute distraction that was in my apartment all day.

~~ 

While I'm driving to an address on my phone sent to me by Garcia, I get a call from Spencer. I look at the caller ID in confusion for a second before picking it up and placing it in my cup holder.

"What's up, Spence?" 

"Nothing much, I have a question though. Do you want a keychain or a necklace?" I hear shuffling, odd chatter, and the uneasy sound of multiple music types awkwardly clashing in the background as he talked.

"Why? Oh! Nope, nope, don't give me a present or I swear! I don't want presents." I beg, I never got presents when I was younger and I really don't want to get my hopes up now, I don't even know if this would be a regular thing. I too new at this 'sorta actually fitting into your surroundings' thing.

"Necklace it is then. See you at the party, Via!" 

"Spencer, ple-" and then he hung up on me.

I forgot to tell the team that I didn't want any presents or a big celebration. I haven't had any kind of party thrown for me in ages. No birthdays, graduation party, or celebrations of any kind. 

I don't even know how to react to someone singing me happy birthday. Do I smile? Do I sing along? What happens?

~~

I pull up to the house that Penelope sent me too, but it's not a house- its a fucking mansion. Did they rent out a mansion for my 18th birthday? 

They've better not.

As I walk up to the door, I'm frantically fixing my dress and hair, making sure that I look good. I ring the bell, super scared about what's happening on the other side. I ring again after the door doesn't open and no one responds. After the second repetition, I decide to text Pen about the door because I'm scared this was just one big prank on me or I'm at the wrong house.

Hacker Goddess <3

Me: Hey, Pen

Me: I'm at the place but no one is coming to the door?

Hacker Goddess <3: Just open the door love!

Me: Okay?

I open the door to see an empty and dark front room. 

Damn, am I about to get killed?

When I walk out of the front room, I hear some shuffling and someone counting down. 

This is it.

See the light. 

All of a sudden, all the lights turn on and the whole team jumps up. 

"Happy Birthday!" everyone yelled. I look around the room, there is brightly colored ribbon all-around the living room, kitchen, and backyard. There is a giant banner hanging over the fireplace that says 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA'. I cover my mouth with my hands. 

"Guys, You didn't!" I feel tears come to my eyes because of the pure happiness coursing through my veins. Penelope sees my tears and runs up to me.