Chapter 3: Barb's "Invitation"

"Ah! Poppy! Jamie! Help!" Biggie called.

They all ran to see Biggie running from this creature that was swooping over him.

"Biggie?" Poppy questioned.

"Help! I'm being barraged by a monster! It won't stop it!" Biggie exclaimed as the creature tried to bite him.

Then Jamie used her hair to grab it.

"Gotcha!" Jamie said, looked up, and exclaimed as she freaked out, "It's in my hair! It's in my hair! Get it out! Get it out! Get it out!"

Then Branch tackled the creature out of her hair then pinned it. He then rubbed its eyeballs, calming it down.

"Shh. Shh. There you go. Calm down," he soothed then asked, "There you go. Who's a good boy?"

Jamie watched at how Branch calmed the puffball down, making her smile.

"What is that thing?" Legsly wondered.

"It's creepy," Cooper said.

"It's scary," Satin and Chenille added.

"And nasty," Guy Diamond sang.

"Hold me, Daddy," Tiny Diamond said, to which Guy Diamond did.

Poppy then noticed a rolled-up piece of paper, so she picked up.

"'To Queen Poppy and Princess Jamie'" Poppy read, the others gasped, then she assured as Jamie went to her, "Don't worry, everyone. It's look like it's just an invitation."

They sighed in relief and cheered as Poppy opened the letter then cleared her throat.

"'Barb, the Queen of Rock, announces her One Nation Under Rock world tour. Bring your string to the biggest party the world has ever seen'," Poppy read.

"Queen of Rock?" Jamie asked, confused.

Then Peppy leapt up, snatching the letter from his older daughter.

"It's nothing! It means nothing at all! It's just junk mail! You don't need to worry about it! I mean, quit looking at it, everyone! Forget what you saw!" Peppy exclaimed then chewed and stomped on the letter.

Then Branch pinned him to the ground and did the same calming method he did earlier to his father-in-law.

He shushed Peppy then told him as he massaged his eyeballs, "There you go. There you go. Calm down. Calm down. There you go."

"You have got to teach me that," Jamie told him, impressed.

Branch smiled at her.

"Okay. I'm calm. I'm calm," Peppy assured.

"Dad, what's going on?" Poppy asked.

"Well, I have long feared this day would come. I was hoping to protect you from this, girls," Peppy said.

"'Protect us'? We're not little kids anymore, Dad," Poppy pointed out.

"Yeah. Poppy's the queen now and I have had Branch teach me to be to be prepared for dangers," Jamie added, hugging Branch's arm, to which he smiled and placed his hand on one of hers.

Peppy sighed and said, "You two are right. The truth is...we are not alone in this world."

Mr. Dinkles then made a spooky tune, making Biggie cup his mouth shut and shush him.

"There are other kinds of trolls," Peppy continued.

"Wow. That's-Dad, that's great!" Jamie said.

"Yeah. The more trolls, the merrier," Poppy replied.

"You don't understand. These other trolls aren't like us. They're different," Peppy stated.

"Different how? Different like Legsly?" Poppy asked.

"I love being me!" Legsly said proudly.

"Or Fuzzbert? Or Smidge? Or SkyScraper Troll?" Jamie listed.

"Yeah. Different like me?" Skyscraper troll asked.

"No. It's not that. They're different in ways you two can't even imagine. You see, we love music with a hummable hook, with an upbeat melody, with a catchy rhythm that makes you want to snap your fingers, tap your toes and wiggle your butt. That's our music. That's what makes us Pop trolls," Peppy explained.

The others in the village agreed.

"But these other trolls, they sing different, they dance different, why some of them can't even begin to grasp the concept of Hammer Time," Peppy said.

Can't Touch This played and everyone, except for Poppy, Jamie, Branch, and Peppy, started freaking out. Then they all froze in midair.

"How about we break down to a smaller group?" Peppy suggested.

"Good idea, Dad," Jamie nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Other trolls? Oh snap!