Chapter 16: Funk Trolls

The bubbles were brought in and the group of trolls looked around in awe at the place. Trolls were grooving and dancing around the place and Poppy and Jamie were set down easily while Hickory and Branch were brought down hard.

"Are you okay, babe?" Jamie asked, helping him up.

"Yeah. I'm good," Branch nodded in thanks.

Poppy helped up Hickory, making them both blush.

"Welcome to Vibe City. You are cordial guests of Prince Cooper," one of them announced.

"Cooper! What are you doing here?" Poppy asked excitedly to the identical troll.

"Actually I'm over here," Cooper said, making them turn around.

"Whoa," Jamie commented.

"What?" Poppy asked.

"Bacon wrapped hotdogs!" Hickory exclaimed.

"Okay. Maybe all the Jazz hasn't left my brain yet," Branch said, hitting more notes out of his ears.

"It turns out I'm actually from Vibe City. Just like my twin brother," Cooper informed.

"I'm Prince D. What's poppin'?" the twin brother greeted then he and Cooper laughed.

"I got a twin brother!" Cooper exclaimed.

"How is this possible?" Jamie wondered.

"Well, it's a very complicated story," Cooper said then explained, "When we were both babies, my egg got snatched out of the nest. Mom and Dad looked everywhere, but they couldn't find me so you guys raised me as one of your own. And then when I went out to go find other trolls like me, my mom and dad finally found me. I guess it wasn't too complicated."

The twin brothers laughed again.

"Oh, Poppy, Jamie, I want you both to meet the king and queen of funk," Cooper introduced.

"King Quincy and Queen Essence," Prince D said.

"My mom and dad," Cooper added.

They then showered him with kisses.

"Wow, Cooper. You look just like your dad," Poppy commented.

"Yeah. That must be why he's so good-looking," King Quincy smirked.

"Was that a dad joke? It was lame!" Cooper said.

They all laughed at that.

"So that means you're a Funk troll?" Jamie asked.

"You don't have to be just one thing. I'm Pop and Funk," Cooper answered, making Jamie think on that.

"Or maybe you're Hip Hop like me," Prince D suggested.

"Yeah!" Cooper agreed.

"Hip Hop?" Poppy wondered.

She then pulled out the map to see if she could find it.

"Yeah. I think your map's a bit outdated," Prince D replied.

"Hmm," Jamie sighed.

"Oh he's right. Look at that. It still has Disco," Branch said.

"Hip Hop sounds better to me," Jamie said then told the leaders, "Well, your majesties, we have a proposition for you."

"We need your help to save all music from Queen Barb. If we combine our music, she'll see that music unites all trolls and that we're all the same. And then she's one of us!" Poppy explained.

But the Funk trolls didn't see things like they did.

"Poppy, Jamie, we mean no disrespect, but royalty to royalty, anything but that," King Quincy said.

"Why not?" Poppy asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Here's where things get crazy.