Chapter 14: Regret

Clyde

I tap my fingers impatiently on the steering wheel waiting for Token to go get my food.

I sigh loudly and look out my window, the December snow slowly falling covering the ground.

As much as I don't wanna think about Craig, he just always enters my mind. Sometimes I think I can see him across the road looking embarrassed and in a rush... wait a minute.

I exit the car as a shiver shoots up my spine from the unyielding cold outside, "Craig!" I call out.

He glances around at the sound of his name but shrugs it off, obviously not being able to see me.

"Craig!" I call out again walking across the sleet covered road.

He lood around again trying to find the source if his name call outs. I wave my arms frantically trying to gain his attention.

He finally spots me and plasters on a weak smile. I smile back and walk up to him.

Craig looks at me and breathes in deeply, "Clyde... I am..." He says before choking.

"Too much dick last night?" I ask smirking slightly.

He looks at me and smiles but it quickly fades as he tries to continue what he was trying to say.

"I have to go..." Craig announces quite loudly and promptly begins to waltz away with his head held in shame and disgrace.

"No, don't go. I need to talk to you," I say, I try to move towards him but my legs have a different idea.

He looks back seeing the look of sadness that is prominent on my barely healed face, which makes it much more harder for him.

Craig shakes his head and walks away.

"I'm sorry, Craig. Like I didn't mean to say all them things. I was waiting for a apology from you but now I know it wasn't your fault." I yell so that he could hear me.

"Just let me go, I hurt you and I can never take it back. I became the very thing I sort to destroy," He says looking away.

"Did you just make a star wars reference?" I ask but he ignores me and walks away.

"Fine then, be like that!" I yell angrily.

I walk back to the car and Token sits in the passenger seat watching my every move.

I enter and not a single word leaves any of our mouths, he looks at me and looks like he is going to say something but doesn't.

So I make the first attempt at a conversation, "He is an asshole," I say abruptly.

"I'm aware," Token agrees.

"All I did was try to apologize for..."

"Why were you apologizing, he was the one who attacked you," Token retorts cutting me off.

"Yeah but he was provoked by me," I reply looking away.

"That's a big word for you and I don't care what you did. He had no right," He says.