Chapter 16: Together

Warning: Self-Harm Ahead, you have been warned!

Craig

I hold the blade in my hand, staring at myself in the mirror. Dark rings surround my sunken eyes, stubble covering the lower part of my face.

I look miserable, but its better than I'll ever be...

I run the bath to a nice temperature and sit in it with all my clothes on, I play my favorite song on my phone as I try to relax as this will be the last thing I will ever remember.

The razor rests in my hand and my eyes stay glued to it, I raise it too my arm.

Before it hits my skin, Tweek's face flashes through my mind. His smile and his... everything is beckoning me towards him.

I reach out my hand towards him, a smile on my face as I see him one last time... hopefully I can see him again.

Tweeks face slowly distorts and fades into something or someone else, Clyde's face replaces Tweeks.

I blink several times as I am ripped back to reality, blinding light covers my field of view I cover it with my hand in an attempt to shadow my eyes from it.

Clyde stares at me with confusion, he looks down at the blade and then back to me.

He grabs a razor off the countertop and leans down beside me, "If this is what you want, then I am not letting you do this alone," He says pointing the blade towards his skin.

"Leave me Clyde, I don't need you here," I say my words slurred.

I reach over the bathtub and grab the razor blade from his grasp and drop it into the bath with me.

He grabs another one, "Either both of us leave this room, or none of us do," He announces staring at me intently.

"I dont want you to die for me," I say heartbroken, he is willing to kill himself for me... to help me.

"Then get your ass in gear and put down the razor, then you can get changed into some dry clothes," Clyde suggests in a frantic manner.

"Its not that simple," I say leaning back.

"Yes it is. If you die, I will die with you. Or we could both leave this room and we will change for each other," He says gripping my shoulder while pulling at my heart strings.

"I can't go on like this, everywhere I go I make things worse for everyone. If I die then everyone will be happy," I cry, I move the razor closer to my arm.

"That isn't true, you make me happy. Yes we did hit a speed bump but we can go back to how it was," He replies.

"Theres no going back," I say.

His eyes shoot around the room, "If you die, I die." He begins, "I have a daughter that needs me and now I am giving my life for you live, she will be without her other father because of you."

I look up at him shocked, "I thought she was gone," I say.

"No. We got her back, I need you to do this for me and my daughter. Please come with me so we can help you get better," He pleads giving me the biggest puppy eyes he could muster.

I look away from him, the blade drops from my open hand and into the water. I was about to end it all and for what... I didnt have a reason I just thought life was hard.

I am a selfish person, people are getting raped, abused and are starving and still get up and keep moving. What am I doing? Shrouding myself in self pity.

"Cmon here," Clyde says with open arms, I move towards him and wrap my wet arms around him.

"I'm sorry, Clyde for putting you through this. I'm gonna get better. I'll show you I can get better," I say looking at him.

We break apart and after getting changed and a quick shave I sit next to him on my couch.

He rests his head on my shoulder and we sit in silence, its not awkward or anything like that. It was comfortable.

I begin to play with his brown hair as I look out my window at the snow slowly drifting down and onto the ground below.

I smile as Clyde's head falls, I hear him slightly snore on my chest as I too close my eyes letting the sweet embrace of sleep take me into her warm arms...

The Morning

My eyes open, I look down and Clyde is gone.

I glare around the room looking for any signs of him, the sun is high in the sky and my house... is clean?

"Hey there sleepy head, I thought I would clean up for you while you were sleeping. By the way you can sleep through anything," Clyde says walking past with a large black rubbish bag.

"I'll do all that," I say standing.

"Dont be silly, you had a big day yesterday," Clyde explains pushing me back onto the couch.

"Don't you have a daughter to go to?" I ask.

He stops in his tracks and looks back at me, "Uhh about that... I sorta lied about that all," He confesses looking away.

"Why would you lie about that?" I ask angrily, number one: he lied, number two: he lied about getting his fucking daughter back.

"I was scared for your life, so I had to make you scared for mine. It worked didnt it," He explains.

I grunt, "I guess so, but dont lie to me again. We are in this together," I say.

"Yeah, sorry. Together? Are we together?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know about in a relationship right now, but we if you mean partners in crime then yes we are together," I say smiling.

"How about friends with benefits together?" He suggests.

"I love it, come here," I say pulling him onto me, I wrap my arms around him.

He giggles and looks up at me, "You have to promise me something," He says in a stern voice.

"What's that?" I ask scared for the answer.

"That you shower daily because you stink like you haven't shower in weeks," He says standing up.

"Hey! I had a bath yesterday!" I say annoyed at his answer. I smile shortly after.

"Too soon Craig... too soon," He says shaking his head.

Together... yeah I can do this

***

This is not the end but it is close...