Chapter 25: Hopeless

Craig

"No... I'm not killing anyone," I say a disappointed look on my face, Kenny's smile fades. He sits there in deep thought.

"What if, I get you two out of here. Start a new life far away from this place," Kenny suggests.

"I cant leave, Clyde has chosen to be with Token. There is no point," I reply with a saddened tone, "Its hopeless, there is no point."

Kenny shakes his head, "I never thought you would give up," He retorts, "No matter what happens, you should never give up on love."

My eyes look down towards my feet, I feel his hand be placed on my shoulder, "You must fight for what you want, I know you love him." Kenny continues his words echoing throughout my brain on repeat.

"Of course I do, i never stopped," I reply after a few minutes of silence.

"Then fight... we smuggle Clyde out of this town and away from that psycho," He suggests with all the hope I once had expressed through him, all his passion for this brings a grin onto my dull and lifeless face.

A picture of Clyde's bruised and broken body flashes in front of my face like a nightmare, I see the saddened look prominently on his damaged face. His new glasses cracked in the corner covering a barely healed black eye with little droplets trickling down his soft and caring cheeks.

"What do we need to do?" I ask seriously.

"We need to talk to Clyde without Token knowing," Kenny explains.

"I'll leave that to you, if I go near him it will raise suspicion. What's next?" I interrogate desperately wanting to know this plan.

He looks down and sighs, before shooting back up with a small smile, "I have a friend who might be able to help," He replies, his eyes light up with hope.

"Who?"

"My old friend, Stanley Marsh..." Kenny says with a wide smirk.

"Stan the man? Is he still in South Park?" I ask with curiosity.

"No, he lives on a farm not far out of town, we could keep Clyde there for a while until we have a proper plan," He explains.

I nod in agreement with the plan, "I still can't believe Token has his greedy stubby little fingers wrapped around the police here," I say in disbelief.

"Money can do a lot of things and unluckily for us, Token is richest person in all of South Park," Kenny shrugs.

"Let's get this started..."

***

Clyde

"Clyde..." a voice whispers, I turn around searching for the ominous voice that called out my name.

"Hello?" I call out hoping for a reply. I hear rustling near the bushes to my right.

I cautiously step towards it, "Hello, is some there?" I ask adjusting my glasses for a better view.

A hand covers my mouth and shoves me into a van, I scream out for help but my calls are muffled and no one helps.

The assailant releasing me and I scramble away from them, there are two of them and probably a third driving the now moving van.